PDA

View Full Version : VC10 cockpits for sale

Platemaker
11th February 2010, 22:28
Is this the first aircraft for sale (well ,cockpit)?

I have been asked by a good friend of mine to assist with the sale of two pieces of aviation history.

The cockpit and some front fuselage section from the following aircraft are available:

ZD240 VC10

XR810 VC10

As there are quite a few aircraft enthusiasts on here I thought it would be worth mentioning.

These cockpits have been cut from the airframe at below floor level and sit well at present on two railway sleepers. Both have been cut aft of the cockpit door by a couple of foot.

Please bear in mind that they are fairly well stripped and should be considered a serious project.However, this is a one off opportunity.

Collection is the buyers responsibilty and a lorry and hiab crane will be nescessary, they are located in North Hampshire.

I will get some pictures shortly.

PM me for details

800 each:lol:

stevemac
11th February 2010, 22:42
I'll take em both Corin if you can put in new clutches...:)

Rover418275
11th February 2010, 23:03

I have been asked by a good friend of mine to assist with the sale of two pieces of aviation history.

The cockpit and some front fuselage section from the following aircraft are available:

ZD240 VC10

XR810 VC10

As there are quite a few aircraft enthusiasts on here I thought it would be worth mentioning.

These cockpits have been cut from the airframe at below floor level and sit well at present on two railway sleepers. Both have been cut aft of the cockpit door by a couple of foot.

Please bear in mind that they are fairly well stripped and should be considered a serious project.However, this is a one off opportunity.

Collection is the buyers responsibilty and a lorry and hiab crane will be nescessary, they are located in North Hampshire.

PM me for details

Hi Corin,

If only I had the space I would have both of them. Are you aware that there is a very good VC10 website, where it might be worth posting the details. I will dig it out and send it on to you.
Cheers

Mike

Dragrad
11th February 2010, 23:08
Hi Corin,

If only I had the space I would have both of them. Are you aware that there is a very good VC10 website, where it might be worth posting the details. I will dig it out and send it on to you.
Cheers

Mike
This one? :)
(http://www.vc10.net/)

Rover418275
11th February 2010, 23:12
This one? :)
(http://www.vc10.net/)

Yes indeed, I am sure Jelle would find a good home for them.

3disco
12th February 2010, 17:23

ZD240 VC10

XR810 VC10

PM me for details

If only you had said sooner,bought one last week!:D:D:D

slimsi
12th February 2010, 17:30
Dam i needed one of these just a couple of days a go to repair my VC10....

topman
12th February 2010, 17:53
Dam i needed one of these just a couple of days a go to repair my VC10....

Not far off the mark, not unknown for the RAF to get spares from museums and long dead jets.

CMWI
12th February 2010, 20:35
Shame I haven't got the room, would love to graft one onto the back of the garage to use as an office.....

Ford Prefect
28th August 2015, 12:22
ZD240??? don't you mean G-ASGL???

coolcat
28th August 2015, 12:46
Another great thread revival, five years in the making:D:bowdown:

windrush
28th August 2015, 12:53
cor this thread take me back a bit there are members names there that we no longer see

chris75
28th August 2015, 17:17
Are they still for sale ? :getmecoat: