The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The South East (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   South East - Breakfast Meet - February 20th 2022 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317441)

BRG75 2nd February 2022 13:41

Sorry to hear this.

I wonder however, if the housing is common to folding and non folding mirrors; it may well be and, if so, spares should exist.

Regards

Mike

BRG75 2nd February 2022 14:07

I've just looked at Rimmers, and the casing does appear to be common.

Unfortunately, the main mirror assembly (inside the casing / covers) appears to attach directly to the door.

You say that the casing is broken, is the mirror still in place, and possibly hanging down?

A question then would be "is just the glass hanging down, or the glass and the mirror adjustment motors"?.

If the former, it might be possible to put it all back together.

If not, I would fully expect that a power-fold could be replaced by a non-power fold mirror, as a complete assembly.

This would keep you going until a proper replacement is found.

Mike

BRG75 2nd February 2022 14:35

I have found this from a rover 75 forum (not this one) back in 2011.

The writer had the same problem, courtesy of a gate post, and was ascertaining what options he had.

In short, the motor in a power-fold mirror, is the same in both the O/S and N/S mirrors.
Of more significance, he states that a non power mirror can be built up as a power-fold mirror in 30 minutes, simply by adding the motor. Obviously provided that the wiring and switch are already in place.
He is talking about the bullet mirrors, which I think are the early ones, but this may well be the case for the later ones.

Having stripped the mirrors down i can confirm that the motors are NOT handed so left fits right and right fits left. Also the ONLY difference in the powerfold bullet mirror and a standard bullet mirror is the motor itself. In short if you buy two N/S powerfold mirrors from Bob you can turn your standard mirrors into power folds in around 30 mins

Raven Black 3rd February 2022 07:05

Mirror

Thanks Mike, have sent you a pm. It's not going to be easy this.

BRG75 7th February 2022 06:53

Time for a quick bump, I think.

Regards

Mike

BRG75 16th February 2022 07:44

Another bump.

Raven Black 17th February 2022 18:22

Sunday

Hi Mike,
I will be there on Sunday, but not in the Rover.
Thanks

BRG75 17th February 2022 19:06

Glad to hear this Jennifer,

I've been waiting to see your B GT: along with a 75, they are very much amongst my soft spots, as far as cars are concerned.

Mike

Raven Black 17th February 2022 19:20

Car

Well you won't be impressed with mine!

BRG75 19th February 2022 08:22

I've dug out some photo's of one of my B GT's, and can be very confident that yours will be better.

It is as I brought this one home; on a pallet, fork lifted onto a boat trailer, and towed 80 odd miles, behind an MG B.

Mike