The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The Midlands (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Midlands Nano Meet May 13th and 14th (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=323772)

Arctic 27th April 2023 23:10

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by longbridge75 (Post 2967632)
Diesel manual, facelift :sad: and a goldish silvery colour not entirely sure haha looks different in each photo

Hi Tom
most likely Platinum Gold paint code MCN then, we can give it the once over when you get to the meet, there are little things that need tweeking on a diesel, so certain hoses do not chaff and others so it is not leaking intercooler oil ;)

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=20831

longbridge75 28th April 2023 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2967650)
Hi Tom
most likely Platinum Gold paint code MCN then, we can give it the once over when you get to the meet, there are little things that need tweeking on a diesel, so certain hoses do not chaff and others so it is not leaking intercooler oil ;)

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=20831

Awesome, sounds good! The car has a few little issues to sort out, nothing scary though.
Bit of a daft question but it's been a long time since I attended a nano, I noticed the location has changed from the four ashes. Is there camping at the new place?

Arctic 28th April 2023 08:58

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by longbridge75 (Post 2967651)
Awesome, sounds good! The car has a few little issues to sort out, nothing scary though.
Bit of a daft question but it's been a long time since I attended a nano, I noticed the location has changed from the four ashes. Is there camping at the new place?

Hi Tom.
I think you can but no one has up to yet, i have a feeling there is a cost to it though, i will find out or Rob may see the post and reply.

longbridge75 28th April 2023 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2967667)
Hi Tom.
I think you can but no one has up to yet, i have a feeling there is a cost to it though, i will find out or Rob may see the post and reply.

Ah okay no problem, I'm happy to pay for it if needed that's not an issue.
I'd have to camp to attend both days as it wouldn't be feasible for me to drive up separately for both days.

edit - actually suppose I could get a B&B also

longbridge75 28th April 2023 21:42

Collected the car, absolutely love the thing.
Couple of things to note however.

1) Handbrake is non existent and the car also rolls when left in reverse gear (not ideal because I live on a hill)
2) It lurches in 1st gear and has a slight vibration when nearly at the clutch biting point.
3) Steering makes a rather odd vibrating noise when on full lock
4) Both front windows won't go down, they make a grinding noise

Seems I have bought a bit of a shed :getmecoat: it shall be fixed though

Arctic 29th April 2023 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by longbridge75 (Post 2967713)
Collected the car, absolutely love the thing.
Couple of things to note however.

Quote:

1) Handbrake is non existent and the car also rolls when left in reverse gear (not ideal because I live on a hill)
The above can be sorted quite easy with a SSC ;) at the Nano.

Quote:

2) It lurches in 1st gear and has a slight vibration when nearly at the clutch biting point.
maybe it need bleeding? not doable at the meet.

Quote:

3) Steering makes a rather odd vibrating noise when on full lock
May have something to do with the Nearside Front Steering box has seepage (2.1.1 (e) (i)) you will find this on the MOT link in the other thread.

Quote:

4) Both front windows won't go down, they make a grinding noise
Could the wires are corroded or it has lots of grit in the window channel

Quote:

Seems I have bought a bit of a shed :getmecoat: it shall be fixed though

All Rover 75 and MGZT will need work because they are getting on now, it all depends on if the owner has the stomach to tackle the jobs ;)

longbridge75 29th April 2023 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2967722)
All Rover 75 and MGZT will need work because they are getting on now, it all depends on if the owner has the stomach to tackle the jobs ;)

Haha very true, i'll be getting it booked in next week for the issues to be looked at. Joys of motoring ay

Arctic 29th April 2023 23:09

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by longbridge75 (Post 2967671)
Ah okay no problem, I'm happy to pay for it if needed that's not an issue.
I'd have to camp to attend both days as it wouldn't be feasible for me to drive up separately for both days.

edit - actually suppose I could get a B&B also

Hi Tom.
Spoke to Rob and was informed yes you could camp if you wanted but it would cost £10 and most likely you would be there on your own, not a good idea in my mind to be alone in a field, in the middle of know where.

B&B would be best bet

longbridge75 29th April 2023 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2967795)
Hi Tom.
Spoke to Rob and was informed yes you could camp if you wanted but it would cost £10 and most likely you would be there on your own, not a good idea in my mind to be alone in a field, in the middle of know where.

B&B would be best bet

Oh right, yeah I'll definitely book a room somewhere then.
I'm not on the nano forum so have limited info, do you know what time people are arriving from?
Cheers

Arctic 30th April 2023 01:11

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by longbridge75 (Post 2967797)
Oh right, yeah I'll definitely book a room somewhere then.
I'm not on the nano forum so have limited info, do you know what time people are arriving from?
Cheers

Hi Tom.
We start arriving about 09.30am, join the nano forum it's free no charge, and you will see the forum for the up coming meet.
https://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/...orum.php?f=220