The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   S525 OVP The Club Car (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   I've lost interest in ovp... Am I alone? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=82492)

carlpenn 12th May 2011 08:24

I am still interested :D

This car, unlike most "S" Reg's on the Market has a little history to it too, when I read its story, it was kind of like the Car was symbolic in Rovers demise. What I mean is, it was simply left out to be forgotten. It spent its life at the Rover factory and at the end, like so many of Rovers employees, was simply cast aside.

As lame as I probably sound, but restoring it back to its original spec, is kind of like a mark of respect for Rover the name, Car and its Employees.

Thats how I see it, thats why I work hard at keeping my 75 as pristine as possible. Well, that and the fact I love the car anyway ;)

Parker 12th May 2011 13:51

I'm having a service at Lates late June and should hopefully get some pics taken and posted soon after.

Rover Raver 12th May 2011 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlpenn (Post 722957)

This car, unlike most "S" Reg's on the Market has a little history to it too, when I read its story, it was kind of like the Car was symbolic in Rovers demise. What I mean is, it was simply left out to be forgotten. It spent its life at the Rover factory and at the end, like so many of Rovers employees, was simply cast aside.

As lame as I probably sound, but restoring it back to its original spec, is kind of like a mark of respect for Rover the name, Car and its Employees.

Thats how I see it, thats why I work hard at keeping my 75 as pristine as possible. Well, that and the fact I love the car anyway ;)

I genuinely like your sentiments towards 'OVP' and also in respect of your own Rover 75, not to mention the Rover name and former employees.

75.0 12th May 2011 22:34

Oh Dear, better hurry up with 05 then!!:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin75 (Post 706817)
1. Enthusiasm
2. Disillusionment
3. Panic
4. Search for the Guilty
5. Punishment of the Innocent
6. Praise and Enthusiasm for the Uninvolved ...

Dragrad 13th May 2011 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlpenn (Post 722957)

Dear 'old' OVP was Pete's project......which, unfortunately, he cannot give it the time that it deserves. We all have problems from time to time...:(

Christopher, when time allows, as he has been out of the country on many occasions recently, is now taking this project on board......

Definitely a car worth saving and will be :D

Lates 16th May 2011 22:20

OVP was moved at the weekend ( and not the scrap yard in the sky against my better judgement ) just for hell of it. turning a wheel for a change was a novelty to behold.

Pics can be seen via the facebook link in my sig.

Jake 16th May 2011 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lates (Post 725772)
OVP was moved at the weekend ( and not the scrap yard in the sky against my better judgement ) just for hell of it. turning a wheel for a change was a novelty to behold.

Pics can be seen via the facebook link in my sig.

Thanks for the update Lates, in your eyes, what is it that's holding up getting the car back on the road?

Lates 16th May 2011 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 725801)
Thanks for the update Lates, in your eyes, what is it that's holding up getting the car back on the road?

A new battery and wiper blades were delivered 2 months ago ish to enable us to start it and move it about easier although no work has been done since that time.

We await instruction / worksheet to do some more bits as and when...

Tim_Burgess 17th May 2011 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lates (Post 725817)
A new battery and wiper blades were delivered 2 months ago ish to enable us to start it and move it about easier although no work has been done since that time.

We await instruction / worksheet to do some more bits as and when...

As one (of many) who was at Longbridge for the photoshoot when OVP was aquired. I think it would be a tradgedy if the project just withered on the vine.

The reality is that the car will never be worth the cost of the parts and labour spent on it, but that's true of most car restorations and surely not the point of doing it. Ok, I know it's not the earliest any more and it's poverty spec. but the provenance of the car and the sheer fact that it's survived at all must count for something.

Departed 32016 2nd May 2012 18:52

A year on now....