The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How to fit a front door finisher (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=161793)

RepoUK 21st October 2013 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 1454578)
Do you have to reply using the op:shrug: too many pics,again :getmecoat:;)

Seems to be a common thing on this forum for some reason.

johnnybbad 21st October 2013 16:06

Two front ones on my zt need doing

Was thinking about colour coding them same colour as the car

Trevor1975 21st October 2013 16:29

Thanks Steve! Very useful - I'll be tackling mine soon.

Trevor :D:bowdown:

Just a thought - it may seem obvious but windows need to be down before starting! :getmecoat:

Sjonnie 27th September 2015 14:32

Did the swap today on my ZT this afternoon. Piece of cake :D

One tip I would like to add to the splendid how-to: when re-assembling first fit the screws and then press the rubber back in to place. It is so much easier that way.

Thanks a million for this splendid how-to!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

bl52krz 10th January 2016 18:05

No need to us t cut, use Autoglym Bumper care. Mine looks like the new one you have just fitted.

Sorry Ron. Never gave it a thought. Won't happen again. Promise.

suzublu 10th January 2016 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2192375)
Sorry Ron. Never gave it a thought. Won't happen again. Promise.

That was 2 1/2 years ago David:D

bl52krz 10th January 2016 18:59

Must have had to many wee drams tonight. Never noticed the date, but when I read it, I could not remember putting '2002 car' . oooohhhh I am going to bed. lol

T16 5th February 2017 01:59

Guys, is there an "official" RAVE procedure for these?

Im just curious, as my senses suggest that the pulling and pushing vertically will scratch the paint on the door frame....

Can the people who have done this job confirm whether the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-
can be pulled out sideways without door frame damage, or does it have to be slid vertically each time?

Im furious, I thought mine were in GREAT condition, but I saw under torchlight tonight, that Ive got marks, and missing paint down the outer corner of one that's starting to rust....Yet another job on the list.

As soon as you have done one, 3 more come round.....

Rev Jules 5th February 2017 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by T16 (Post 2442590)
Guys, is there an "official" RAVE procedure for these?

Im just curious, as my senses suggest that the pulling and pushing vertically will scratch the paint on the door frame....

Can the people who have done this job confirm whether the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- can be pulled out sideways without door frame damage, or does it have to be slid vertically each time?

Im furious, I thought mine were in GREAT condition, but I saw under torchlight tonight, that Ive got marks, and missing paint down the outer corner of one that's starting to rust....Yet another job on the list.

As soon as you have done one, 3 more come round.....

Did you not get my P/M reference instructions for programming a BMW Broad Screen Monitor.

Many Thanks.

Rev

Ravinder 5th February 2017 09:36

Very good post. Should be made into a sticky.