The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technology Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Help,lost windows apps (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=99211)

Reebs 2nd December 2011 20:49

Along similar lines as Poppy here, and I'm no computer expert either, but if you press start, then select Run and in the box type

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore

Then hit OK, that will take you to the computer's entire restore & recovery area.

If you then double click on the rstrui icon, you can roll the whole computer back to an earlier date.

I'm not saying it will do the trick, but it's worth a try. :shrug:

suzublu 2nd December 2011 21:02

All those files are ok Pops, it seems to be windows causing the problem.Example,when i try to start firewall,i get Windows cannot start windows firewall/internet centre sharing.And then, Firewall settings cannot be displayed associated service is not running (ics) Got me beat.

suzublu 2nd December 2011 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reebs (Post 866141)
Along similar lines as Poppy here, and I'm no computer expert either, but if you press start, then select Run and in the box type

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore

Then hit OK, that will take you to the computer's entire restore & recovery area.

If you then double click on the rstrui icon, you can roll the whole computer back to an earlier date.

I'm not saying it will do the trick, but it's worth a try. :shrug:

I'll give that a go Paul,thanks

Poppy 2nd December 2011 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 866152)
All those files are ok Pops, it seems to be windows causing the problem.Example,when i try to start firewall,i get Windows cannot start windows firewall/internet centre sharing.And then, Firewall settings cannot be displayed associated service is not running (ics) Got me beat.

Have you tried re booting in safe mode.... Or instead of start windows normally....config; when the comp was last running right mode.?

suzublu 2nd December 2011 21:10

Well i get the same message,System restore is not able to protect your computer.Please restart your computer,& then run system restore again.Been doing that & it makes no difference i'm afraid.Looks like a back up & reboot or find a windows & re-install?

suzublu 2nd December 2011 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy (Post 866159)
Have you tried re booting in safe mode.... Or instead of start windows normally....config; when the comp was last running right mode.?

Yep,got me confuffled?

suzublu 2nd December 2011 21:14

Mind you,when i went into restart with microsoft disabled,found that most microsoft parts were stopped anyway? Any bearing on this?

justmicky 2nd December 2011 21:14

What operating system are you using? Xp, Vista, Windows 7?

suzublu 2nd December 2011 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmicky (Post 866169)
What operating system are you using? Xp, Vista, Windows 7?

XP Mick, I'll add some words to fill the criteria:icon_smile:

Poppy 2nd December 2011 21:16

Not the same thing maybe... but similar... I deleted my Google chrome completely not thinking that i had already UN installed every other browser that i did not use...Suffice to say, i could not access the internet at all..The remedy for me was to take the SD card out of my camera.... Install it in my mum's comp and install Chrome.... Then installed the card into my comp ... Hey presto..I was in the same boat.... Could not even use system restore, kept on failing...