The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Silver paint tax (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=183552)

-Joe 13th May 2014 20:48

Silver paint tax

If I had the power to do so I would introduce a new law requiring all silver painted vehicles to be charged an additional £250 per year road tax.

This would encourage new car buyers to actually choose a colour when specifying their new car.

Drivers with a pre-existing silver coloured car could pay to have it re-sprayed a tax free colour. This would create jobs and boost the economy.

trikey 13th May 2014 20:49

You should try owning a dissapointing grey car, silver is like monogram in comparison.

chrishumphries 13th May 2014 20:53

Oooh moonstone and typoon please !:D

drewesq 13th May 2014 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Joe (Post 1674151)
If I had the power to do so I would introduce a new law requiring all silver painted vehicles to be charged an additional £250 per year road tax.

This would encourage new car buyers to actually choose a colour when specifying their new car.

Drivers with a pre-existing silver coloured car could pay to have it re-sprayed a tax free colour. This would create jobs and boost the economy.

I know what you mean and I agree to a degree, however I really like a mk2 ZT in silver!!

pab 13th May 2014 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 1674156)
You should try owning a dissapointing grey car, silver is like monogram in comparison.

I think XPower grey is sort of alright. The likes of silver or black is more a choice of a purchaser with no imagination.

MGR did offer a massive choice of colour schemes to those that did have imagination. ;)

stevestrat 13th May 2014 20:56

I love my anthracite, especially after a wash and polish but it's a pig to keep clean!

chrishumphries 13th May 2014 20:57

Hang on, ME pay for it ? :duh: X2 ?!

-Joe 13th May 2014 21:05

75 & ZT75 exemption

Amendment 1 to the Joe's proposal to tax silver cars, grey ones should be taxed to.

Amendment 2 Exemption granted to 75's and ZT's.

suzublu 13th May 2014 21:07

Where on earth did this come from :shrug::duh::getmecoat:

klarzy 13th May 2014 21:07

We should tax any car with a high vis stripe and blue lettering, ones with yellow illuminated badges and any NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- in an Audi...

trikey 13th May 2014 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 1674217)

Late night boredom :D Better than 'I am an enthusiast thread' :getmecoat:

klarzy 13th May 2014 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 1674217)

I think it was the blue pill...

Talago 13th May 2014 21:09

Quote:

What about a tax for people who live in b. This would encourage people to live in a town with a proper name.:D

stevestrat 13th May 2014 21:09

It's one of those intellectual conversations you have with your mates not long before chucking out time at the pub!

suzublu 13th May 2014 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 1674222)
Late night boredom :D Better than 'I am an enthusiast thread' :getmecoat:

Hmm, what is an enthusiast :cool: Stop it now, :devil: don't get involved :getmecoat:

klarzy 13th May 2014 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 1674234)
Hmm, what is an enthusiast :cool: Stop it now, :devil: don't get involved :getmecoat:

Oxford English Dictionary:

ENTHUSIAST, (n), A bit like a moderator but with a descent set of tools, A person who gets off there back side and fixes things instead of moaning into an inanimate computer screen and then asking someone else to fix it, A person with more money than sense, A person who really needs a cheap car and cant afford to pay someone else to fix it..

suzublu 13th May 2014 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1674244)
Oxford English Dictionary:

ENTHUSIAST, (n), A bit like a moderator but with a descent set of tools, A person who gets off there back side and fixes things instead of moaning into an inanimate computer screen and then asking someone else to fix it, A person with more money than sense, A person who really needs a cheap car and cant afford to pay someone else to fix it..

I think you'll find a "Decent" set of tools much better than a "Descent" set ;) Prefer my tools on the upper level :D

klarzy 13th May 2014 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 1674257)
I think you'll find a "Decent" set of tools much better than a "Descent" set ;) Prefer my tools on the upper level :D

sausage fingers....

Moonshine Mark 13th May 2014 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 1674178)
The likes of silver or black is more a choice of a purchaser with no imagination.

My car is silver :o:getmecoat:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...psnpgjkv4w.jpg

rich17865 13th May 2014 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine Mark (Post 1674263)
My car is silver :o:getmecoat:

If you post up enough pictures, I will know where it is, and I might just pop along and make it disappear.

I still love the colour of your car :bowdown:

trikey 13th May 2014 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine Mark (Post 1674263)

Mmmm Salmonfishy paint!

Moonshine Mark 13th May 2014 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 1674270)
Mmmm Salmonfishy paint!

Rainbow Trout according to our Pab ;)

tweek08 13th May 2014 21:40

I would do it to green cars they look like a giant boggy on wheels lol :D

persuer 13th May 2014 21:48

Quote:

Keep taking the pills mate, the voices will stop.

tweek08 13th May 2014 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by persuer (Post 1674309)
Keep taking the pills mate, the voices will stop.

:laughing2:Have you sorted that black nose out yet Rich :D

klarzy 13th May 2014 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweek08 (Post 1674314)
:laughing2:Have you sorted that black nose out yet Rich :D

yes he has a shiny one now...

persuer 13th May 2014 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1674316)
yes he has a shiny one now...

Oi leave my nose out of it.

Yes i have Vince ta.

sikelsh 13th May 2014 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweek08 (Post 1674291)
I would do it to green cars they look like a giant boggy on wheels lol :D

Shocking attitude :eek: :D

Ched 13th May 2014 22:05

Silver ZT's are beautiful.:D

persuer 13th May 2014 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ched (Post 1674330)
Silver ZT's are beautiful.:D

And 75's ;).

Well a certain website reckons that us silver car owners are ...

Silver: Futuristic, Prestigious, Elegant
Those behind the wheel of a silver whip have several things going for them. “Silver has a rather cool, futuristic connotation, yet with a dash of preciousness,” says Eiseman. “Because anything that’s a true metallic - like silver or gold - there is this perception that it’s worth more. So this is not the kind of person who would be satisfied with gray. They would have to have that metallic finish because they want it to look more prestigious. This is the kind of personality that appreciates elegance with a bit of flash.”

Is this correct?.

steve811 13th May 2014 22:39

Quote:

The ******* only been here 5 minutes and he's already starting trouble! Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Steve (owner of a Zircon silver 75)

persuer 13th May 2014 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve811 (Post 1674376)
The ******* only been here 5 minutes and he's already starting trouble! Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Steve (owner of a Zircon silver 75)

He joined in Dec 2008 :D

tweek08 13th May 2014 23:15

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o...22/pinkcar.jpg

Pink anyone ? :D :getmecoat:

Avulon 13th May 2014 23:48

I was trying to think of some witty retort to the 'let's tax silver cars 'cos the owners have no imagination' - but it's far to late, I'm all imagined out for today. I will say though that for the 48 hours it stays looking like a glittering high polished futuristic sci-fi rocket ship twice a year after a deep clean and double polish it's worth having silver on a 75. Now for all those that have flat colour paint jobs.... :getmecoat: G'dnight all....zzzzzz

Sledge 14th May 2014 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweek08 (Post 1674406)

you do know you could have adjusted the colour balance in most photo editing apps to get a pink car? :getmecoat:

steve811 14th May 2014 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by persuer (Post 1674388)
He joined in Dec 2008 :D

True, but I think the meds have just worn off, and this is his first post!

Reebs 14th May 2014 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweek08 (Post 1674406)

Monogram 'Candy Floss Supertallic' :gorgeous:

Simondi 14th May 2014 07:12

Hmmm, Silver Paint Tax. Sounds reasonable to me, just a couple of questions though.

If we pay more to use the roads does that mean other inferior coloured cars should make way for us as after all we would then be subsidising you to drive on our roads:D
The same should of course also apply in any public car park in that as higher tax payers we should then get the pick of the best (and safest) spaces.

Also would agree with Pab in that black cars should also be taxed more but on the basis that they look:drool4:

A revision though to the original suggestion would have to be that any silver (or black) car that is well maintained and highly polished should actually get a discount of the standard road tax:D:getmecoat:

pab 14th May 2014 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 1674543)
Hmmm, Silver Paint Tax. Sounds reasonable to me, just a couple of questions though.

Also would agree with Pab in that black cars should also be taxed more but on the basis that they look:drool4:

Nothing wrong with lacquered primer, er I mean silver..

sikelsh 14th May 2014 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 1674543)

If we pay more to use the roads does that mean other inferior coloured cars should make way for us as after all we would then be subsidising you to drive on our roads:D
The same should of course also apply in any public car park in that as higher tax payers we should then get the pick of the best (and safest) spaces.

A revision though to the original suggestion would have to be that any silver (or black) car that is well maintained and highly polished should actually get a discount of the standard road tax:D:getmecoat:

If you pay more Tax though, you could get to ride a push bike for free :D

wraymond 14th May 2014 11:06

Hmmm, might have register the car in a tax haven before long. Lichtenstein?

Insurance proposal question:
Where do you keep your car?
On a mountainside somewhere in Europe.