The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Steering wheel refurbishment (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=255524)

grivas 26th October 2016 12:55

Steering wheel refurbishment

Today I decided to address my rather aging steering wheel, having looked at the options from re-dyeing to replacing to re-trimming I decided to install a real leather trim which I purchased on line for a reasonable price.

I opted for a dark grey version and was very pleased to see a very high quality product arrive the very next day, I then studied the instructions included and set about installation, in total about an hour, taking my time, it involves stitching and pulling but apart from hands being a little soar, the finish is very good and the wheel feel superb the leather is soft and quite lovely to hold.
I will post a picture if I knew how to go about it.
Overall superbly pleased.

grivas 26th October 2016 14:30

Can anyone advise on posting a photo on the forum please, thanks

first-things-first 26th October 2016 14:41

Sounds good about the leather re-trim. Did you use a special thread and did you put this over the original or replace?

To insert images, in advance posting mode, click the "paperclip" icon. This allows you to add files from your local computer.

Once uploaded, you can click on the paperclip "arrow" to the right to select an image and it will be inserted where the cursor is.

Or :-

On the bottom line of icons, 5 in from the right is a "landscape" type picture. This allows you to link to a file you have uploaded to an image hosting site (or any other URL from a web site).

grivas 26th October 2016 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by first-things-first (Post 2386711)
Sounds good about the leather re-trim. Did you use a special thread and did you put this over the original or replace?

To insert images, in advance posting mode, click the "paperclip" icon. This allows you to add files from your local computer.

Once uploaded, you can click on the paperclip "arrow" to the right to select an image and it will be inserted where the cursor is.

Or :-

On the bottom line of icons, 5 in from the right is a "landscape" type picture. This allows you to link to a file you have uploaded to an image hosting site (or any other URL from a web site).

It arrived as a kit with plenty of thread, which is very strong and not breakable as you will be pulling this through the stitching on the new cover to close up. It is designed to go over the existing material, but it is a real quality product, just take your time and use a regular stitching pattern, then all will be fine, except of soar hands, well worth it, my stitching is not so good, others may do better, it certainly improves with practice. Thanks for advice.

grivas 26th October 2016 15:09

Thanks for the reply, however I must be thick as I cannot see where the paperclip icon is, please could you direct me. Thanks again.

By the way, I got the cover from www.mrsteering.co.uk they provided a superb service.

Parker 26th October 2016 15:36

For picture posting take a look at this:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=159955

first-things-first 26th October 2016 16:34

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by grivas (Post 2386723)
Thanks for the reply, however I must be thick as I cannot see where the paperclip icon is, please could you direct me. Thanks again.

By the way, I got the cover from www.mrsteering.co.uk they provided a superb service.

Just for completeness :

If you click "Post reply" or "quote" a post, you should get the Advanced editor as below. The "attachment" (paperclip) icon is highlighted in blue.

Attachment 62812

Then click "Choose file" to find the image on your computer.

Attachment 62813

Click "Upload" to save it in the thread.
Repeat for other image(s).
Click "Close this window" or click the "X" to close the dialog.

Place the cursor where you want the image.
From the attachments icon (paperclip), when you click on it you will see the images you uploaded.

Attachment 62814

Select one to place the tag for the image at the cursor position.
Repeat for other image(s).