The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   MG/75 double din unit available here (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=47047)

picky747 19th October 2009 09:33

MG/75 double din unit available here

Found this on the net full spec unit with satnav for MG/75 model.
Have enquired about cost with delivery if I get a reply I will post it here.
http://www.szutility.com/sdp/519111/...VD_Player.html

UPDATE:

Thank for your inquiry about the MG car DVD GPS radio bluetooth device.
This is Andy from SUAV INDUSTRIAL CO., LIMITED.

Price is USD588 (£358) and the device key function features as below:
2din all-in-one DVD player+7inch high definition Touch screen+Bluetooth+Radio+Amplifier
+TV(analog)+GPS+USB SD port+RDS+steering wheel control

Special original design for the MG car,perfect installation,enjoy your driving to anywhere and anytime.
If it is required,we will send the device details for your reference soon.

The digital TV(DVB-T) and the camera are the optional items,the digital TV function extra price is USD46.(total with DVB-T £386)
The camera extra price is USD28 (1/3 CMOS with night vision and waterproof feature),and the 1/3 CCD camera is USD57.

The exact express delivery costs depend on your detailed order and shipping address.
And the express shipment time is four to six days from our factory directly reach your address.

http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2...GPS-For-Mg.jpg

Product Description
MG

7.0 inch digital car dvd player(800*400)
Double DIN touch screen panel
Built-in GPS, BT and TV tuner
RDS
Compatible with DVD, VCD, CD, MP3, MPEG4, CD-R, WMA and JPEG playbacks
Intelligent steering wheel control
USB port and SD card slot
Car parking rearview
Parking close TFT automatically
Handbrake control
Electronic anti-shock protection
Full function remote control
PAL, NTSC and SECAM systems
Perfect compatibility
2 AV output, aux audio and video inputs
RCA audio output
Power: 12V DC
Mount dimension:231*186*120mm
Advantage: GPS Store space Main frequency:400MHZ
Main chip model number: SAMSUNG S3C2440A-40
Memory: 64MB
Store space:64MB(can external to 4GB)
Navigation software store: SD card
Operation system:WINCE5.0 CORE, can read 3D map
Support audio type: MP3/PCM/WMA
Support video type:ASF/AVI/WMV/DIV
Video decodes function: QVGA >25 frame/S
Software compilation type:ARMV4I
video output type: CVBS / Y/C / YPbPr,analogue RGB
Resolution: 320*240/400*234/480*234/VGA (through resistor select)
Audio output: Stereo CD quality
Audio power: Stereo 0.25W/CHANEL

trebor 19th October 2009 09:41

thats a great find, solves the facia problem in one foul swoop, please let us know cost when you get a reply, but it aint gonna be cheap

picky747 19th October 2009 09:59

They have an MG7 unit as well but looking at the picture it seems that the outer bezel has been fitted upside down.
http://www.szutility.com/sdp/519111/...r_GPS_nav.html
http://www.made-in-china.com/image/4...701mg-Mg7-.jpg

picky747 19th October 2009 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor (Post 403276)
but it aint gonna be cheap

I found the link off a video on you tube where a guy was showing his ford focus unit from the same company and he says his was $480 so converted thats £295 so if its in that ball park it's not too bad for a full spec satnav unit with perfect fit surround,so,fingers crossed.Here's the video,if they use the same interface on the mg one it will look quite nice compared to the rather garish one the Chinese makers seem to favour.

Keleko 19th October 2009 10:31

I would very much like one of these as the standard unit is pretty poor.

The TV will be cut off soon as will the radio when the digital switchover is complete, the sat nav is **** compared to my tomtom and i can get all the trip info on my speedo display.

All in all its quickly becoming obsolete in my eyes

trebor 19th October 2009 11:08

just seen the video looks quite impressive, i really like the speedo type selection screen, if it is anywhere around the £300 mark it should be a winner, as i paid £70 for my facia than another £270 for the Xtrons unit, plus some bits and bobs for fixing etc.

eddybrown 19th October 2009 11:34

If it has a 480x800 screen then I think people will snap these up! In the youtube video it looks really good.

CDTi 19th October 2009 11:51

Have to agree - that looks great.

ceedy 19th October 2009 19:00

I've already been on to the supplier about these..
and the reply I have just had is the same as at the start of the thread:

So actually a rather high price for what is outwardly quite nice item , but it is really a rather underfeatured unit.:shrug:
For this price I would want DVBT inside .

Chris

I have replied poliltely to the supplier about the price and will see if it has any effect in trimming any pennies off..
:getmecoat:

picky747 19th October 2009 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 403506)

So actually a rather high price for what is outwardly quite nice item , but it is really a rather underfeatured unit.

If you check on ebay for model specific 2din units then this price is comparable,
however,It would be nice to negotiate a lower price.I don't think you could call it an underfeatured unit just because it doesn't have DVB-T as basically its an audio/satnav system and as such the tv function is mainly an added bonus as you can't use it whilst actually driving,whereas you can with all its other functions.I can't see any manufacturer producing a ZT/75 specific unit with integrated DVB-T as the car has been out of production for so long now and the MG-7/Roewe cars come with decent standard fit audio systems.I can't find anything else like this unit so I suppose it's the best we can hope for.

ceedy 19th October 2009 21:55

I understand where you're coming from .. but for me, as I've have already been playing double dins, had 1 of this sort of spec in and out of the ZT.
If its got a TV function ? then it has to be DVBT or don't bother putting it in the unit. :shrug:

I want Digi TV to route back to the headrest LCD Units,

There are stacks of these types of units about and most of them are begining to have digi TV inside.

The price for these I suppose has to be higher because of the much more limited market there is for bespoke front panels rather than the standard din sizes.

If the unit was available form a UK stockist ( ebay or not) then this level of price would IMHO be reasonable, but from the Far east with the normal risk of extra Customs duty. it just don't compare pricewise with this sort of item
http://www.chinavasion.com/index.php...2-din-car-dvd/

Well thats my 5 pen'eth ;).
take care all
Chris
----------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by picky747 (Post 403579)
If you check on ebay for model specific 2din units then this price is comparable,
however,It would be nice to negotiate a lower price.I don't think you could call it an underfeatured unit just because it doesn't have DVB-T as basically its an audio/satnav system and as such the tv function is mainly an added bonus as you can't use it whilst actually driving,whereas you can with all its other functions.I can't see any manufacturer producing a ZT/75 specific unit with integrated DVB-T as the car has been out of production for so long now and the MG-7/Roewe cars come with decent standard fit audio systems.I can't find anything else like this unit so I suppose it's the best we can hope for.

picky747 20th October 2009 15:57

Seen this now on a different site for $529 (£323) with no shipping charge (to USA)and the link refers back to the manufacturers site so they may be flexible on the price(hopefully).
http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=5483748

solaise 20th October 2009 17:57

Did they say if it had a normal ISO connector and not some bespoke connector for the Chinese MG?

It is attractive to think that you could unplug a symphony and plug this straight in - I guess you would just need to install a GPS aerial.

I wonder if they realise that there are 100,000 odd cars in the UK that their unit would fit into?

picky747 21st October 2009 11:43

I came across another Chinese company doing the same unit so I emailed them and their reply was that they can ship me one as a sample for $412 (£248)including delivery, much better than the manufacturers price of £358 without delivery so now do I or don't I?
Solaise,I would imagine these have ISO connectors as they have been industry standard now for quite a few years.

trebor 21st October 2009 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by picky747 (Post 404449)
I came across another Chinese company doing the same unit so I emailed them and their reply was that they can ship me one as a sample for $412 (£248)including delivery, much better than the manufacturers price of £358 without delivery so now do I or don't I?
Solaise,I would imagine these have ISO connectors as they have been industry standard now for quite a few years.

thats a great price if its fully functional - he who dares Rodney - go for it !

woolleysox 21st October 2009 12:13

Hi Pickey are you thinking of buying one for personal use? or possible importing for sale? It looks great and if you were to sell them I think you would heve plenty of orders. Please keep us updated as even if its only for personal use to have a report from a member who has purchased and also fitted one would be great. best wishes woolleysox.:D

picky747 21st October 2009 13:21

If I go for it it would be for personal use,too much hassle selling on with warranties and import duties etc.I would, of course,ask them to confirm that its a fully working retail model before taking the plunge.I've also emailed the manufacturer indicating that the price they want is a little optimistic due to the current value of these cars so I'm just waiting on a reply from them to see what they have to say.

solaise 21st October 2009 13:27

Go on.. you know you want to! ;)

(You could say to them that you will write a review and post pictures)

Beerhunter39 21st October 2009 15:07

I wonder whether they would ever sell the bezel shown on the MG7 unit separately. Might help with fitting other manufacturers units.

StevenWilliams 21st October 2009 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by picky747 (Post 403279)
They have an MG7 unit as well but looking at the picture it seems that the outer bezel has been fitted upside down.
http://www.szutility.com/sdp/519111/...r_GPS_nav.html
http://www.made-in-china.com/image/4...701mg-Mg7-.jpg

Shame it's a edited image and not of an actual item. Rather crudely cropped as well.

StevenWilliams 21st October 2009 23:22

The SUAV INDUSTRIAL one looks quite promising.

I wonder if the unit can be made to show regional languages as sometimes these units are stuck on the Chinese versions of the OS and a pain to do anything with. Also they tell you the current device in Chinese..

I'd check before ordering one.

Same for the Radio frequency's that it uses.

StevenWilliams 21st October 2009 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by picky747 (Post 403281)
I found the link off a video on you tube where a guy was showing his ford focus unit from the same company and he says his was $480 so converted thats £295 so if its in that ball park it's not too bad for a full spec satnav unit with perfect fit surround,so,fingers crossed.Here's the video,if they use the same interface on the mg one it will look quite nice compared to the rather garish one the Chinese makers seem to favour.

Having watched that video I'm sold..

I'll have to start saving as that answers all my questions..

picky747 22nd October 2009 09:43

If they could sell these I think they would do well.

http://i36.tinypic.com/29krzub.jpg

Bobon 22nd October 2009 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor (Post 403299)
just seen the video looks quite impressive, i really like the speedo type selection screen, if it is anywhere around the £300 mark it should be a winner, as i paid £70 for my facia than another £270 for the Xtrons unit, plus some bits and bobs for fixing etc.

I'm thinking about a double din unit for my ZT and all the ones here look great.
Trebor i've been looking at this on fleebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TD716G-CAR-7-D...item518d7664d3
I was wondering if it's the same model as you have?
Also i have a single din set up at the moment what sort of adapter would i need,is the sound any good and can other types of sat nav such as tom tom be programmed into it?
Oh and do the steering wheel controls work with it?

Cheers Bob.

Robson Rover Repair 23rd October 2009 16:31

Fantastic result, yes a tad dear, but manufacture specific ones ive been looknig at on Ebay are £330 ish for Similar Ford ones and so on, so thats not to bad from the cheaper dealer.

IMO, its a nice unit BUT the design isnt the greatest.

Id be really curious to see the rear design of it along with the various wiring and such, is the ipod setup at the rear, instead of the mini usb at the front? I suspect its the standard loom, but again, i wanna know how the wteering wheel control fits onto it, is it OEM link or such.

WE NEED ANSWERS!!

I could however see the sides of the unit being colour coded to your dash for a subtle effect, eg Rhodium Grey and so on.

Will be watching this with much attention, Santa is just around the cornor! :D

moonstoneboy 23rd October 2009 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by picky747 (Post 404449)

One thing we could do would be, if there were 25 of us, putting £10 in each so that one can be purchased and assessed for quality and fit. Once assessed picking out the name of one of the 25 to 'win' the unit.

I would assume that if they see that there could be a lot of orders they will keep the £248 price.

Certainly would be nice to have a bespoke unit.

Paul

Teflon 24th October 2009 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonstoneboy (Post 405656)
One thing we could do would be, if there were 25 of us, putting £10 in each so that one can be purchased and assessed for quality and fit. Once assessed picking out the name of one of the 25 to 'win' the unit.

A good idea - I'd certainly be intereseted in that. I really would like a double din unit with all the toys, but it must look OEM for me.

Cliff

tony_fry 24th October 2009 09:24

Damm, I just spend over £450 for a 2din head unit and the E46 mount, but DVB-T is a must, don't waste your time with the analog TV

trebor 24th October 2009 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobon (Post 405019)
I'm thinking about a double din unit for my ZT and all the ones here look great.
Trebor i've been looking at this on fleebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TD716G-CAR-7-D...item518d7664d3
I was wondering if it's the same model as you have?
Also i have a single din set up at the moment what sort of adapter would i need,is the sound any good and can other types of sat nav such as tom tom be programmed into it?
Oh and do the steering wheel controls work with it?

Cheers Bob.

That is the same unit as mine which i paid £270 for less than 12 months ago, so certainly a good price.

You need a double din facia which cost around £50/£60 for a BMW E46 one, however this unit is slightly bigger than the facia ( height wise not width wise ) which i didnt realise at the time so i ended up cutting the top bar off the facia which wasnt ideal but works and now fitted is hardly noticeable as the top of the facia sits under the eyebrow anyway. ( see below )

The unit comes with IGO8 which is a fantastic piece of kit anyway so i have not experimented with other types of sat nav - they can be programmed but might possibly freeze up at times .

At the time i bought my unit Xtrons didnt do a steering control so i bought a PACSW1x from USA which was another £50, its a universal type which is capable of learning the commands from the infra red remote. Xtrons now do a steering control so you coulkd check if it works with this model, log onto their website, my e mails have always been answered within 24 hours.

So all in all i am very pleased, but the unit, facia, steering controls took my cost up to around £380 plus bits to build the " cage " to hold it in place.

If i was looking now i would be very tempted by the MG7 ( see other thread )
one from China which is on another thread, but comes with facia, and no doubt steering controls should work, and a decent price all things considered.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...8/SDC15635.jpg

picky747 24th October 2009 09:39

Trebor,just looking at all that wood,have you thought about lifting the carpets and having walnut laminate put down?:D

wuzerk 24th October 2009 11:57

walnut finish

TREBOR, where did you get the walnut for the 2 din fascia please?

David Lawrence 24th October 2009 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 405879)
A good idea - I'd certainly be intereseted in that. I really would like a double din unit with all the toys, but it must look OEM for me.

Cliff

I'm with Cliff on that idea, 3 down 22 to go?

trebor 24th October 2009 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by picky747 (Post 405889)
Trebor,just looking at all that wood,have you thought about lifting the carpets and having walnut laminate put down?:D

now theres an idea, if only i knew how to put a curve in it !

phenonix 24th October 2009 23:12

i have a friend of a friend who lives in China looking into this product/company, got an answer today that to be careful, this kind of company may be here today and gone tomorrow, and that is from a Chinese citizen!
he will call back Monday with more information.

Robson Rover Repair 25th October 2009 00:37

Shame we cant find these on any internation ebay etc yet :<

trebor 25th October 2009 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuzerk (Post 405927)
TREBOR, where did you get the walnut for the 2 din fascia please?

From the seller In Bulgaria who has recently designed and made it for us - see below - its no 18 on the schematic drawing

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=46048

Bobon 25th October 2009 10:43

Thanks for the reply Trebor and all the information that has given me food for thought.
Great job on the fitting looks a real pro job.

trebor 25th October 2009 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobon (Post 406421)
Thanks for the reply Trebor and all the information that has given me food for thought.
Great job on the fitting looks a real pro job.

no probs keep us posted on what you decide and dont forget the pics

wuzerk 25th October 2009 11:29

Walnut 2Din

Thanks Trebor, found it after reading previous posts properly.

phenonix 27th October 2009 05:12

This unit costs 5000 yen if you live in China, more expensive because Euro models more prestigious over there, also advised by Chinese friend that because they are a small company highly likely that the quality of the unit will be sub stanard, his advice to me was not to purchase.

picky747 27th October 2009 11:16

All the inards are generic bought in jobbies in these chinese clones so they're all much the same no matter which brand you buy (sunplus dvd chip,Wince 5)However because of this they are hackable and the company I am dealing with have been very helpful and are this afternoon changing the logo from MG to a Rover/MG one as below.They didn't have to do this but they want to help as much as they can and have even said they will try and get me the dvd firmware file which will allow you to change the user interface to a rover themed one.Also they would not send one out until I had confirmed all the dimensions to make sure that the unit would fit,if they were a fly by night company they would have just took my money with no faffing about but they have been extremely professional and have replied to emails within the hour.Just hope now that customs are too busy with other things when it comes through.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-conte...r_logo_001.jpg

Teflon 27th October 2009 12:22

Sounds promising so far - fingers crossed this could be a really neat solution.

Many thanks for all your efforts on this,

Cliff

moonstoneboy 27th October 2009 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by picky747 (Post 407419)
All the inards are generic bought in jobbies in these chinese clones so they're all much the same no matter which brand you buy (sunplus dvd chip,Wince 5)However because of this they are hackable and the company I am dealing with have been very helpful and are this afternoon changing the logo from MG to a Rover/MG one as below.They didn't have to do this but they want to help as much as they can and have even said they will try and get me the dvd firmware file which will allow you to change the user interface to a rover themed one.Also they would not send one out until I had confirmed all the dimensions to make sure that the unit would fit,if they were a fly by night company they would have just took my money with no faffing about but they have been extremely professional and have replied to emails within the hour.Just hope now that customs are too busy with other things when it comes through.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-conte...r_logo_001.jpg

Well done Graham

I wonder if you would, on behalf of others who are interested, well me, if you can negotiate a members deal for the rest of us and also a package deal including the digital TV tuner and rear camera.

Congrats to those who have modified the BMW fascias but one for the actual car will be much better.

Paul

picky747 27th October 2009 16:42

I'll ask my contact and see what they say.Some of the units on their site say minimum order 100 units so that would be around 25 grand (gulp) without any import duty.I'm just going to look on ebay for the freeview box.

picky747 27th October 2009 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonstoneboy (Post 407512)

if you can negotiate a members deal for the rest of us

I hope they don't think i'm a big player (Mr Halford) I only tried to blag a sample and they've been bending over backwards to help!

Robson Rover Repair 27th October 2009 18:37

Must admit, the unit is tempting me more and more if they are being so open and friendly.

Can you ask for a couple of photos front, rear, sides and such so we can see the leads or ask them if any of the products they market use the same "internal software and interface" for 100%

If we could get the price down to £300 i'd be up for one 100% :lol:

phenonix 27th October 2009 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by phenonix (Post 407296)
This unit costs 5000 yen if you live in China, more expensive because Euro models more prestigious over there, also advised by Chinese friend that because they are a small company highly likely that the quality of the unit will be sub stanard, his advice to me was not to purchase.

i would be most happy if the information i was receiving was flawed as i would love to purchase one too, following this thread hoping for a positive result.

moonstoneboy 27th October 2009 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by picky747 (Post 407559)
I hope they don't think i'm a big player (Mr Halford) I only tried to blag a sample and they've been bending over backwards to help!

They might prefer to sell a large number in one go but they do have the benefit of an enthusiatic club with keen members so there is the opportunity for them to sell a number.

One idea could be to get all those who want one to combine in to one order - the problem is that someone would need to receive the money and pay it over.

Paul

Robson Rover Repair 27th October 2009 20:23

Or an even simpler idea.

Get them to advertise one single unit on ebay.co.uk for a week with a rediculious buy it now so no one actually buys it for that week.

To show the numbers and our interest in them, we can "watch" the item as a group as a seller can see how many watchers there are for the item.

If they see, for example, there are 100, 200, 300 users etc (I suspect quite a lot from the various forums) watching the item, and see theres a genuine demand for it in the UK market as it wouldnt be too hard for the various 75/zt forums to get together and explain the interest and get everyone to watch, hell a few may even just BUY the items off them even at the higher price etc.

:)

Then MAYBE we can work on getting the prices down, shipping down and also if they are on ebay, they may start doing "buy it nows" and "best offer" etc to get the price down.

WIN!!!

picky747 28th October 2009 08:48

I've been in touch and the good news is they will ship individual units for $340 plus whatever the shipping is to where you live.They accept T/T (telegraphic transfer) or western union.Up to now its come to about £280 delivered but not including customs duty/vat levy.
The model number is HL-8733GB(MG).
http://www.dvdplayer.com.cn/img.asp?...=HL-8733GB(MG)
Cathy is the person I have been dealing with ([email protected])and is extremely helpful.I don't know what comes with it yet so if you want to all hang fire until it turns up next week I can do a review on here.It could turn out to be a sack of s*** ,or it could be great, i'll let you know!

tony_fry 28th October 2009 09:18

Thats a good price, my 2Din unit cost me £380 and another £65.00 for the fascia (which was no good for the unit) does there price include the DVB-T as well?

I've been in touch and the good news is they will ship individual units for $340 plus whatever the shipping is to where you live.They accept T/T (telegraphic transfer) or western union.Up to now its come to about £280 delivered but not including customs duty/vat levy.

picky747 28th October 2009 09:26

No DVB-T but you can plug a unit into the aux.

Lucky75owner 28th October 2009 18:48

What a nice unit this is. Good find Picky :bowdown:
Very interesting. Hope also they will send to Holland

I´ve got a highline sat nav and was looking for mk4.
This would be a nice (and cheaper) replacement.

Unfortunately I'm not technical. Would it be an easy job, if I buy one,
to fit it in the Car?

picky747 28th October 2009 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky75owner (Post 408159)
Hope also they will send to Holland

Would it be an easy job, if I buy one,
to fit it in the Car?

I think they would ship anywhere in the world and I'll let you know how easy it is to fit next week.