The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How to remove drivers side interior door release handle (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=260302)

Bigtaff 17th January 2017 09:01

How to remove drivers side interior door release handle

I, think the end of my door release cable has gone, I checked out Arctic's thread about how to fix the end of the cable, but there was no explanation on how to remove the interior door release handle.

I have taken out the blanking cover and screw but the door release handle does not seem to want to come off, I don't want to be too harsh with it as I am afraid it will break.

can anyone help. Cheers Mark:eek:

BigRuss 17th January 2017 09:16

The handle is not really meant to come off. You risk breaking off the chrome surround if you try ;)

To unhook the cable from the handle the door card needs to be removed.

Russ

hogweed 17th January 2017 11:42

Ummm... wouldn't want to disagree with Russ :bowdown: but I've had mine off a couple of times without taking the door card off... I just took the screw out, carefully levered the whole oval unit out of the card, then twisted it round and unhooked the cable... as far as I can remember!

klarzy 17th January 2017 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogweed (Post 2432893)
Ummm... wouldn't want to disagree with Russ :bowdown: but I've had mine off a couple of times without taking the door card off... I just took the screw out, carefully levered the whole oval unit out of the card, then twisted it round and unhooked the cable... as far as I can remember!

Spot on....

Bigtaff 17th January 2017 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogweed (Post 2432893)

Do you pull it forwards, once the screw is out or twist it?

regards, mark

klarzy 17th January 2017 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtaff (Post 2432915)
Do you pull it forwards, once the screw is out or twist it?

regards, mark

Slide back, forward lipbout then rear....tight fit...

hogweed 17th January 2017 15:18

Yes, they're easily broken... and not well made, as the chrome surround can come away. Cheap to replace though. Some people have succeeded in glueing them back together - but I tried various methods (hot welding etc), and it just kept coming apart, so I bought one on eBay.

T-Cut 17th January 2017 17:23

Mr Haynes says:

Prise out the screw cover and remove cross head-screw.
Push the handle rearwards so you can unhook it at the front.
Pull it forwards as far as possible.
Turn it over and unhook the cable.

TC

Number 6 17th January 2017 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Cut (Post 2433016)
Mr Haynes says:

Prise out the screw cover and remove cross head-screw.
Push the handle rearwards so you can unhook it at the front.
Pull it forwards as far as possible.
Turn it over and unhook the cable.

TC

I think for once Mr Haynes has it right;)

T-Cut 18th January 2017 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 6 (Post 2433043)
I think for once Mr Haynes has it right

Yep. He was right at my side when I did mine (Puddle Lights wiring).

TC