The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Reverse gear problem (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=267180)

phatfiesta75 12th May 2017 13:47

Reverse gear problem

Hi everyone got my contemporary se but having a issue with the reverse gear jumping out before finally settling 😣hope someone can help.

phatfiesta75 14th May 2017 18:42

Can you help me guys tell me what I could be facing? 😬

EastPete 14th May 2017 19:16

Any problem getting into other gears ? How is the clutch behaving ?

It is difficult to comment further with such limited information !

Pete

phatfiesta75 14th May 2017 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastPete (Post 2492278)
Any problem getting into other gears ? How is the clutch behaving ?

It is difficult to comment further with such limited information !

Pete

Hi thanks for getting back to me yeah All other gears fine just reverse jumps out bout normally 3 times have to push hard on it then it settles I guess.

EastPete 15th May 2017 08:21

Might be worth checking the gear selector cables are correctly seated in the brackets at the top rear of the gearbox.

Pete

phatfiesta75 15th May 2017 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastPete (Post 2492475)
Might be worth checking the gear selector cables are correctly seated in the brackets at the top rear of the gearbox.

Pete

Hi thanks for getting back to me 🙂 but I wouldn't have a clue where to look 😂 how would I look at it?

EastPete 15th May 2017 10:14

2 Attachment(s)
You really need to get under the car, and remove the undertray (make sure the car is securely supported on stands) - it is hard to see them from the top. Looking up towards the rear nearside of the engine, you will see two thick rubber cables that run from under the gearchange (under where the centre console is), into two brackets on the upper rear part of the gearbox. Check that the cables are seated fully down in the brackets, with the spring clips under the 'lugs' on top of the brackets. In the picture below, one of the cables is not quite fully seated in the bracket.

Pete

phatfiesta75 15th May 2017 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastPete (Post 2492523)
You really need to get under the car, and remove the undertray (make sure the car is securely supported on stands) - it is hard to see them from the top. Looking up towards the rear nearside of the engine, you will see two thick rubber cables that run from under the gearchange (under where the centre console is), into two brackets on the upper rear part of the gearbox. Check that the cables are seated fully down in the brackets, with the spring clips under the 'lugs' on top of the brackets. In the picture below, one of the cables is not quite fully seated in the bracket.

Pete

Hi thanks Pete hmm......sounds daunting 😂😂 i'm just so blooming useless with things like that 😂

phatfiesta75 23rd May 2017 14:48

Reverse gear problem now been diagnosed as needing replacement clutch!! 😭😭

Hi guys just been down to see Paul from pk automotive in Wigan recommended by clinte and just as I suspected needs new clutch!! �� hmm......devastated!! So any help with sorting parts needed and advice would be very much appreciated!! In regards of best parts to get that are proven etc.
Kind regards in advance
Ste ☺

Ravinder 24th May 2017 06:30

New clutch? Is it only reverse you're having problems with? Sounds a bit suspect...? Maybe, I'm wrong. :shrug: Worth getting a 2nd opinion...?