The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Budget Prediction. WARNING Some Automotive-Political content! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303477)

Abott10 11th March 2020 09:18

Budget Prediction. WARNING Some Automotive-Political content!

Stand by for that old Milch Cow Budget VED Hike!

RoyalBlue75 11th March 2020 10:41

In actual fact, this was another case of the politicians selectively ignoring the science to get the answers they wanted to hear. The fact that diesel exhaust is highly polluting has been known for years, but the switch to diesel allowed them to comply with internationally agreed targets for CO2 emissions. The consequence has been a huge deterioration in urban air quality. And then of course they rigged the emission standards to make diesel look better than it really is, by not requiring them to be tested in real world driving conditions.

The only good thing about diesel is the CO2 per mile, and that is debatable if lower cost simply undermines lower CO2 alternatives.

planenut 11th March 2020 12:29

Is This The Budget Thread?

We could keep it on one!

I saw my local Tesco selling unleaded at 115.9 this morning, down 2 pence from a couple of days ago, but it is always the cheapest.

All this extra funding for almost everything, but where is it coming from?

bl52krz 11th March 2020 12:48

The predictability of the castigation of the budget by HM opposition party is Like night follows day. Nice to see that he has not put any more duty on fuel. Not seen the rest yet, so hope it follows that bit of good news.

planenut 11th March 2020 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Greg (Post 2798385)
Do they have an opposition these days? :}:}

Most definitely, they are the ones who take up hours of Parliament when debates on genuine problems are put off.

wraymond 11th March 2020 15:18

I thought the Chancellor was masterful in his delivery. For a first speech or not, there are many that would have stumbled. Very confident, not only in his manner but also with what he delivered - obviously knows he has the support of his boss.

Glory in the fact that although it was on everybody's mind a certain word only sounded once. Praise be, at last constructive developments with the future in mind.

And the fact that a lot of the money is coming from a huge reduction in outgoings which also wasn't mentioned.

steve-45 11th March 2020 15:48

Does anyone know of any VED (Road Tax) increases ?

macafee2 11th March 2020 15:50

was hoping stamp duty would change, no stamp duty below £500,000 but it seems no change. poo

macafee2

Gigagator 11th March 2020 16:00

Well the good thing about all this Cornettovirus is that I can't remember the last time I heard the word 'Brexit' in the news!

Dawn 11th March 2020 18:08

I can see all the posts about what they are giving, but is anything like VED for us old car owners going up? I think I saw petrol isn't.