The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Central locking malfunction (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=267709)

chris75 22nd May 2017 11:55

Central locking malfunction

Had the battery disconnected today so that I could disconnect the airbag and reposition my steering wheel . After reconnecting I now find that my central locking remote won't work ( works with the key ) , and also the front windows have swapped switches from left to right :eek: , but the rears remain ok ! As if that wasn't enough , when I activate the aircon I now get an erratic , surging tickover .
I have TOAF , but am not very familiar with it ; is this something I can fix with that or do I need to go looking for a T4 guru (none local )
Steering wheel is ok now anyway :}

solarsailor 22nd May 2017 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris75 (Post 2495815)
.........Steering wheel is ok now anyway :}

Every cloud.......:D

chris75 22nd May 2017 16:07

The situation gets worse ! I now see that I also have no rear demister and that the fan only works intermittently on the "demist" test . :eek: TOAF is showing a "Evaporator sensor" fault .
All this is new since disconnecting the battery . My nearest known T4 source in North Wales is away on holiday . Anyone know another T4 in the Chester area ?
Don't ever disconnect your battery !

cb750chris 22nd May 2017 17:58

Sounds like you have upset (corrupted) your body control unit.
Don't know if it can be simply rectified using toaf.
If you took a backup you may be able to restore it.
However I believe if you tried to restore a 'backup' somebody else has made for you, then your remote won't work at all until reprogramed. (Although you may be able to follow the ' that marina Brian found to re-add your keys), not to mention that when your car next goes on a t4 you would end up with coding mismatches that would need solving....
An easy fix with the t4 - just change one of the bcu based dealer options and it gets fixed automatically.
Best of luck,
Chris

chris75 22nd May 2017 18:44

Thanks for that . I don't have a backup anyway .
Can anyone tell me if these bcu based dealer options can be changed with TOAF ? I have heard that you can change options with TOAF :shrug:

cb750chris 22nd May 2017 19:13

Hi Chris,
The reason that changing the options in the t4 cures your problem is that the t4 rewrites the bcu software when you change the options, not that changing the options cures the problem unfortunately.

Chris

spyder 23rd May 2017 19:52

Really stupid question, have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery again?:shrug:

marinabrian 23rd May 2017 20:18

Reconfiguring with T4 will solve it, however I don't know if TOAF will do that :shrug:
Give it a whirl and report back ;)

Brian :D

CLINTE 23rd May 2017 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris75 (Post 2495910)
The situation gets worse ! I now see that I also have no rear demister and that the fan only works intermittently on the "demist" test . :eek: TOAF is showing a "Evaporator sensor" fault .
All this is new since disconnecting the battery . My nearest known T4 source in North Wales is away on holiday . Anyone know another T4 in the Chester area ?
Don't ever disconnect your battery !

Chris,

I have sent you a PM as to where I take my cars.

CLINTE

chris75 24th May 2017 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder (Post 2496594)
Really stupid question, have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery again?:shrug:

Yes :}
No good !