The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   mislock (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=266207)

carl 25th April 2017 16:17

mislock

Im getting a mis lock on the tourer , i know the drivers rear lock is knackered (got a replacement but not got it fitted yet ) ive manually locked the door but im still getting the toot and the light is on on the dash when running to say something is open

could it bee the bonnet ? the can had no bonnet switch in when i got it so ive put one in

is there any way to tell what its seeing open ?

Will it pass the MOT with the door open light on ?

Thanks Carl

stevestrat 25th April 2017 16:26

Only the hi line instrument pack (the one with the message centre in the top screen) indicates what isn't locked. Go round and check everything is closed properly and try again, I've had it where I thought everything was shut but the car didn't! The usual culprit is the bonnet switch but if that's been replaced . . . . when did the mislock start? Wasn't immediately after replacing the switch?

Rooney 25th April 2017 16:28

Try the rear window on the tailgate - it's almost always that or a boot mat stopping the tailgate closing properly

No, you won't pass the MOT with that going on.

carl 25th April 2017 16:31

the boot floor is slightly up actually ill check the boot

carl 25th April 2017 18:57

will removing the bonnet switch make the car see it as open or closed?

trikey 25th April 2017 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by carl (Post 2482544)
will removing the bonnet switch make the car see it as open or closed?

Open unless you bridge the connector

carl 27th April 2017 18:19

think ive got to the bottom of this hopefully

Pulled the bonnet switch this morning to fin one pin is bent double nd one ha snapped off in the connector - thats not going to work

Off to local breakers in the morning for switch and 6 nch of loom to bodge it for MOT on wednesday and ill see if i can find a diesel horn loom (unless anyone has one laying around spare - ive got a petrol one but not a diesel one ) then ill swap it in a week or 2

carl 29th April 2017 19:31

Bonnet switch fixed - but the issue isnt

Put a new switch in and it works but the mislock is still there

Should the lights come on when i open the boot ? or boot glass ? a mine dont so im thinking boot

spyder 29th April 2017 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooney (Post 2482463)
Try the rear window on the tailgate - it's almost always that or a boot mat stopping the tailgate closing properly

No, you won't pass the MOT with that going on.

Mine passed last year as an advisory-the Mot guy left the rear window unlatched.....:duh:

carl 29th April 2017 20:14

im hoping it passes its driving me mad , if its good ill nip it to tikey and get him to put it on the T4 and see what what if i cant solve it