The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Wifi Dash Cam Dual Storage (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=264919)

Dallas 4th April 2017 11:07

Wifi Dash Cam Dual Storage

Does anyone have first hand experience with these Wifi Dual Storage Dash Cam's?

It seems the Toguard has a Novatek 96655 chip, Sony IMX322 lens, has built-in WiFi, is Battery Free (has built-in capacitor), has dual storage and OBD-II 24H Monitoring. :eek:

The built in Wifi must be a good option, so you can connect to your phone or double din car stereo, also has RCA video-out can directly plug into the rear of your DD. The camera can either be hard-wired to the car, or can connect to the OBDII using the appropriate power cable. Also has dual storage using the on-board SD card, or you can download files to your phone or car double din's SD memory.

Bought from China you have the option of power cable, either the ACC hard-wired option, or the OBDII. HERE...

... or UK seller HERE...

What are your views?

aircub 8th April 2017 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2471425)
Does anyone have first hand experience with these Wifi Dual Storage Dash Cam's?

It seems the Toguard has a Novatek 96655 chip, Sony IMX322 lens, has built-in WiFi, is Battery Free (has built-in capacitor), has dual storage and OBD-II 24H Monitoring. :eek:

The built in Wifi must be a good option, so you can connect to your phone or double din car stereo, also has RCA video-out can directly plug into the rear of your DD. The camera can either be hard-wired to the car, or can connect to the OBDII using the appropriate power cable. Also has dual storage using the on-board SD card, or you can download files to your phone or car double din's SD memory.

What are your views?

The processor is good, but I would get one with a GPS if you can. It helps in insurance claims, or at least it did with mine.

Phill_190 9th April 2017 18:24

I had an older version of this and the quality was perfectly fine! May upgrade to this one now as looks a good option wiring into obd plug

murphyv310 22nd April 2017 09:02

I'm using two smartphones in the Panda. My old HTC 610 in the front running Daily Roads Pro and Nav free for the sat nav. A 32GB card for storage
In the back I'm using a Prestigio smartphones from CPC at £42 and daily roads pro, both start and stop with the ignition, the rear phone is nearly hidden with only the lens being in view. Both work very well with excellent definition and of course with speed and coordinates.

mh007 22nd April 2017 09:27

I use a couple of Nextbase 402G's.
The dashcams in the OP's post sound great though I must admit as is the idea of using mobile phones.