The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Post in the wheelie bin (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=255515)

HarryM1BYT 26th October 2016 08:48

Post in the wheelie bin

I never witnessed either of our regular posties leaving small parcels in wheelie bins and putting notes through, they always seemed to find a neighbour or take it back with them. The new postie of just a few days, just puts it in the bin and leaves a note or at least that is what I saw him do this morning.

The bin was right next the road, with a possibility that it might get emptied by the bin men in the meantime. A couple of decades ago, we had a £60 sleeping bag delivered by a courier. No one in, so he left a note saying he had put it in the wheelie bin. Bin was empty, so either someone spotted him put it there, or maybe the bin was emptied. Lucky for us, the company sent a replacement without any argument.

Parker 26th October 2016 10:08

I have a small bin out the front for dumping in the sweet and crisp wrappers the little darlings seem to through in my garden as a good idea :mad:

And yes, we have had parcels left in there with a note through the door, along with a delivery of flowers once left in the shed.

So they do it on times but not always. Our Post service here leaves parcels at the local post office rather than the sorting office if needing to be signed for, so that makes life easy :)

Mad thing is we have a cat flap, but often the posties fail to use it for slightly larger than letter box deliveries. :shrug:

Lancpudn 26th October 2016 12:23

There's something going on with with my post from Royal mail!...or the lack of it. signed for parcels arrive no problem but the last three items from Ebay have not arrived & are a month over the estimated delivery time:shrug::devil:

all three different companies I got in touch with said the item was posted the very next day I ordered them. I could understand one item going missing but not three on the trot, I wonder if they have a magpie working there!

Darcydog 26th October 2016 12:38

Report it and send yourself a "tasty looking parcel" and see what happens.

My brother did when he was justifiably concerned at "Magpie" activities and was able to prove that it went missing. It wasn't the postie - it was a group of three in his local sorting office.

Lancpudn 26th October 2016 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2386681)
Report it and send yourself a "tasty looking parcel" and see what happens.

My brother did when he was justifiably concerned at "Magpie" activities and was able to prove that it went missing. It wasn't the postie - it was a group of three in his local sorting office.

Yes I'll leave it til the end of the week & get in touch with them, I know our postie personally he's a top bloke.

barney bear 26th October 2016 15:52

This happens all the time! This time of year the sorting offices take on all sorts of new staff ready for Christmas and invariably there are some thieves amongst them, just put a claim into the company if something goes missing because you'd be amazed at the detail that is available to courier companies when it comes to deliveries at each address.

Jim Jamieson 26th October 2016 15:58

When we were away on holiday recently with the caravan My Hermies placed a parcel in our blue bin but this placed out to the street by our neighbour unaware that there was a parcel inside it.
I reported it to My Hermies but the missus didn't follow it up as it was only a £50 item she had purchased on e-Bay and said it wasn't worth the hassle chasing it up.

HarryM1BYT 26th October 2016 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2386676)
There's something going on with with my post from Royal mail!...or the lack of it. signed for parcels arrive no problem but the last three items from Ebay have not arrived & are a month over the estimated delivery time:shrug::devil:

After having several ebay items turn up late, I did a bit of research... Delivery from Ebay purchases, can be paid for by the seller via Ebay. The seller just downloads a pre-pay label, the instant downloaded - Ebay sends the buyer a message to say it has been despatched, but it could then be days before it is put in the post. Which explains why I have received despatched notices late in the evening and even in the night.

An item I ordered Monday, said 2nd class delivery Wednesday / Thursday (tomorrow). I received an email to say dispatched this morning, so delivery tomorrow seems unlikely.

RPWC 26th October 2016 19:41

Posties GRRR dont start me off.
I worked as a posties back in the late 80s, in the village where I grew up, the other lads in the office said,wherever possible, leave the packet/parcel somewhere,rather than take it back to the office. Shed/garage/outhouse/greenhouse/neighbour, anywhere safe,rather than take it back and have the customer collect it.
Nowadays, they give a feeble tap and if no one answers within 2 seconds, card through the door, come to sorting office and collect it, you open the door and posties has vanished in to thin air. I have collared him recently and told him a safe place to put parcels if we aren't in.Whether or not he will stick to it, is another matter.

Georgies Dad 27th October 2016 13:50

As an ex employee of Royal Mail with 40 years service,all I can say is you have the best Postal Service in the world:}

Tin Hat and full body armour now on:D