The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   'If possible do a U turn...' (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=30425)

Zeb 13th December 2008 19:36

'If possible do a U turn...'

My Hi line Satnav keeps telling me to do this even in between giving me the correct instructions which I am following. Am I in two places at once or is it boogered?

JohnDotCom 13th December 2008 20:13

Zeb, Is it finding/locating your true location correctly?

Zeb 13th December 2008 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 262931)
Zeb, Is it finding/locating your true location correctly?

It seems to be for a while and then loses me and gets 'lost'...and then a little later seems to recollect itself...and then later still decides I am going in completely the wrong direction, tells me to do a U turn and then within minutes gives me spot on directions again...

David3807 13th December 2008 20:50

Are you in your usual locations or somewhere you havent been before when it looses itself ??

I ask cos there have been a load of road 'improvements' in my area and the sat nav does get a bit lost every now and again when it comes across a new road layout which clearly wasnt there when the map disc was generated.

When you get back to the line of the 'old road' it finds itself again.

Zeb 13th December 2008 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by David3807 (Post 262947)
Are you in your usual locations or somewhere you havent been before when it looses itself ??

I ask cos there have been a load of road 'improvements' in my area and the sat nav does get a bit lost every now and again when it comes across a new road layout which clearly wasnt there when the map disc was generated.

When you get back to the line of the 'old road' it finds itself again.

If I had not been on the M42 that is what I would have blamed the problem upon....

Jürgen 13th December 2008 20:59

Carl, maybe it's a loose connection at the GPS antenna?

David3807 13th December 2008 21:00

Ahhh . Bang goes that theory then .

Tried taking the map disc out, cleaning and re inserting.

Find I need to do that with the ordinary CD player in the glove box every now and again to get rid of the 'no disc' message when I have a full cartridge.

Think it may be something to do with condensation.

JohnDotCom 13th December 2008 22:10

The discs have been known to cause similar problems.
Carl if you have a old one try that in there,
if not I can send you a Copy 2008 Test Disc.
PM me.

Also check for water leaks into either the Sat Nav Computer compartment or other units in boot.

Zeb 13th December 2008 22:14

Thanks John. I will try that....no water in there however...

Kearton 16th December 2008 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juergen (Post 262949)
Carl, maybe it's a loose connection at the GPS antenna?

I second checking this.
The first time I relied solely on the Sat. Nav. this happened part way through the journey (close to Porton Down as it happened, so I thought it was something they were doing). Removing & pushing the aerial plug in fully eventually sorted it.

HTH,
Kearton