The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Navall 3 DAB with Autoleads active DAB antenna (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=239908)

129c 15th March 2016 19:51

Navall 3 DAB with Autoleads active DAB antenna

I have the above but am not sure where to connect the single black power cable for the DAB antenna.

Can anyone please advise?

Many thanks.

coolcat 15th March 2016 20:02

Hi Paul,

Have seen your PM but as you have posted I'll answer it here :}

The black power wire from the dab aerial is best spliced into an ignition live wire such as the yellow wire coming from the head unit loom .

129c 15th March 2016 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2242302)
Hi Paul,

Have seen your PM but as you have posted I'll answer it here :}

The black power wire from the dab aerial is best spliced into an ignition live wire such as the yellow wire coming from the head unit loom .

Thanks Jeff..

I thought I had the settings wrong but it seems I have not connected the DAB antenna power wire correctly which is why reception is not good.
I connected the Antenna black wire to the wire marked Amp Con from the head unit thinking it was live which is obviously wrong. What a dummy!!! :-(

I will connect it as you suggest.

Many thanks for your help.

Paul.

coolcat 15th March 2016 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by 129c (Post 2242326)
Thanks Jeff..

I thought I had the settings wrong but it seems I have not connected the DAB antenna power wire correctly which is why reception is not good.
I connected the Antenna black wire to the wire marked Amp Con from the head unit thinking it was live which is obviously wrong. What a dummy!!! :-(

I will connect it as you suggest.

Many thanks for your help.

Paul.

Not silly at all as the amp con wire is in fact a 12 volt positive output so would work;)

To be honest the internal stick on dab aerials can be a bit hit and miss depending on geographic location etc.

Where I am in Clacton they don't work at all and an external aerial is the only reliable aerial for dab reception.
This maybe the case for you as well unfortunately.

129c 15th March 2016 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2242341)
Not silly at all as the amp con wire is in fact a 12 volt positive output so would work;)

To be honest the internal stick on dab aerials can be a bit hit and miss depending on geographic location etc.

Where I am in Clacton they don't work at all and an external aerial is the only reliable aerial for dab reception.
This maybe the case for you as well unfortunately.

Thanks.

What external antenna is recommended?

coolcat 15th March 2016 20:47

Sean sells a Celsus external glass mounted dab aerial that has had favourable results from members :}

129c 15th March 2016 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2242368)
Sean sells a Celsus external glass mounted dab aerial that has had favourable results from members :}

Many thanks Jeff