The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technology Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New from BT (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=259942)

Kennyeth 11th January 2017 09:05

New from BT

I suppose if you have a large home and or a small factory they might be worth it...but £300... it`s a lot of cash.

http://www.shop.bt.com/learnmore/bt-...m_content=PK00

Ken.

BRMFUN 11th January 2017 09:48

Lot of money but could be worth it if you have issues.... Or you could get cruise control for your K-series 75 :duh:

jackatesme 19th January 2017 19:51

But are B.T. saying that the system you bought off them originally is not capable of supplying a good reception to every part of your home. If that is the case they should give me this upgrade free.:D

Kennyeth 20th January 2017 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackatesme (Post 2434037)
But are B.T. saying that the system you bought off them originally is not capable of supplying a good reception to every part of your home. If that is the case they should give me this upgrade free.:D

I don`t think so, what that are saying is if you have to have your signal travel through several walls or floors.
Remember a lot of old buildings have walls several feet thick, I lived in a converted pub at one time and some walls in there were four feet wide.
BT`s current new Hub is excellent by the way.
Ken.

MSS 23rd January 2017 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackatesme (Post 2434037)

So, you would expect your service provider to compensate you for the shape and size of your house? :D

Dallas 23rd January 2017 10:49

I have a 1200AC BT Dual Band Wifi Expander which solves all our dead-spots and drop-outs, its dual band 2.4GHz and 5GHz, solves the problem perfectly.

Currys currently have a deal, price was £59.99, now just £29.99 HERE...
Not as good as the new BT AC2500 unit, but its nowhere near the same cost.

These units are great if you want to boost your home network wifi coverage, for when sat in your car on the driveway using your android double din. :D

jackatesme 23rd January 2017 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 2435737)
So, you would expect your service provider to compensate you for the shape and size of your house? :D

I live in a 1 bedroom bungalow, i am sitting in front of a brand new lap top and i am still getting problems with Google Chrome freezing and not responding. Had B.T. engineer here last week who could not find any fault with router,that is why i purchased a new Lap Top,surely it can't be the lap top or location as i am about 10ft away from the router.Not a happy Bunney at the moment. Any one with a suggestion of a remedy would be thanked.:mad:

MSS 24th January 2017 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackatesme (Post 2436206)
I live in a 1 bedroom bungalow, i am sitting in front of a brand new lap top and i am still getting problems with Google Chrome freezing and not responding. Had B.T. engineer here last week who could not find any fault with router,that is why i purchased a new Lap Top,surely it can't be the lap top or location as i am about 10ft away from the router.Not a happy Bunney at the moment. Any one with a suggestion of a remedy would be thanked.:mad:

There are so many reasons that a browser can be freezing. It could even be your ani-virus doing a scan.

If you believe it could be the router, then it could equally be the laptop. It's easier to blame the router because the service provider will send out an engineer to diagnose the problem.

This still doen't explain your original comment about expecting the SP to pay for the retail equipment.

Dallas 24th January 2017 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackatesme (Post 2436206)

Google Chrome is known to freeze, try another browser such as the new Win10 Edge, or use the Opera browser. Does your laptop have an Ethernet port, try connecting the laptop direct to the Router and see if the problem persists.

Have you tried logging into your Router and check all settings? You can manually select the wireless frequency channel, normally from 1 to 11, sometimes upto 14, many are set to use auto. All sorts of home appliances can effect the most common used 2.4GHz band, such as your microwave, even your boiler (but I'm sure your BT engineer would have performed some checks himself).

Your BT engineer would have most probably used a Wifi Analyser, you can download one yourself from the Google Play Store, or the Windows Store and see how your Wifi is performing.

Wifi Analyser Google Play.

Good luck.

Avulon 24th January 2017 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennyeth (Post 2429556)
I suppose if you have a large home and or a small factory they might be worth it...but £300... it`s a lot of cash.

http://www.shop.bt.com/learnmore/bt-...m_content=PK00

Ken.

Never use consumer grade equipment in an industrial setting... As usual BT manages to charge treble for such equipment by creating an easily understood package for the non-technical.