The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   The Caravan Club (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=262478)

uk_dave&gill 22nd February 2017 21:45

The Caravan Club

Is now apparently "The Caravan And Motorhome Club"

First I'd heard about was today when we got some CAMC stickers through the post!

In all honesty, I doubt it'll make any difference to me, but seems a bit of a shame to let go of a name that's been going since 1907, plus there's going to be a fair cost to it too, if only sending out stickers (already binned in our case as we're not stickery people!)

Don't like change (bah humbug etc) so can't see the point :shrug:

RPWC 22nd February 2017 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by uk_dave&gill (Post 2451794)

First I'd heard about was today when we got some CAMC stickers through the post!

In all honesty, I doubt it'll make any difference to me, but seems a bit of a shame to let go of a name that's been going since 1907, plus there's going to be a fair cost to it too, if only sending out stickers (already binned in our case as we're not stickery people!)

We quit the c c after 8 years in 2015, costing 43 quid a year for membership and their sites were more expensive than privately owned sites:shrug:. Pointless exercise .What incentive is there to remain a member!

spyder 22nd February 2017 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2451802)
We quit the c c after 8 years in 2015, costing 43 quid a year for membership and their sites were more expensive than privately owned sites:shrug:. Pointless exercise .What incentive is there to remain a member!

I joined them for the insurance, there must be other cheapish ones out there though. :shrug:

RPWC 22nd February 2017 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder (Post 2451804)
I joined them for the insurance, there must be other cheapish ones out there though. :shrug:

Craig, we have been with Caravan Guard since day 1 cheaper than the club too. I don't think you need to be a member to get the club insurance.

ssizefive 23rd February 2017 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by uk_dave&gill (Post 2451794)

Got mine too yesterday - I hadn't heard anything about it either.

Steve.

ssizefive 23rd February 2017 05:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2451802)

I can see how it works out quite expensive for families on the club sites but for people like me, who tend to go on their own, the club sites end up working out quite cheap.

Steve.

rovertone 23rd February 2017 12:32

I only take membership for the CL's, but in practice I've hardly used them!

Jim Jamieson 23rd February 2017 16:22

I suppose the change in name will be that if anyone does a search for motor home sites it will bring up the CC site.

I'm a member of both CC and C&CC but I doubt if we get the full value back as it seems a lot of the sites we go to are independents.

RPWC 23rd February 2017 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson (Post 2452176)
I suppose the change in name will be that if anyone does a search for motor home sites it will bring up the CC site.

I'm a member of both CC and C&CC but I doubt if we get the full value back as it seems a lot of the sites we go to are independents.

Same wih us Jim, if the site fees for club members were cheaper than independent sites, we would have stuck with them.
My logic is why pay to join a club and then pay through the nose to use their sites? You would thinknthey would have one fee for non members, and club mmbers get it say 25% cheaper. For the four of us, 3 adults as my daughter is now almost 19, and my son is a teenager, it costs nearly 40 quid a night in the high season , to stay on a c c site. We can donth sam on an indy site for about 25-30 per night.

Georgies Dad 23rd February 2017 17:13

Caravan club is too snobbish now,thats why we left,the last straw was when this thing (I think it was a woman) came out and spoke to me as if she/he had a mouthful of marbles,"Excuse me you are walking on our grass",I had only stepped on the corner because Georgie was keen to get back to our van.

They then spent the rest of the week washing and polishing their caravan,looked down on us as if we were a piece of dirt ,snobbery at its best