The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   75 & ZT numbers (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41874)

Reebmit 22nd July 2009 08:24

75 & ZT numbers

I have just posted these details on another thread but just so they don't get missed:

Wow....I got there in the end and free
Thanks for your note. As I’m sure the DVLA made clear, we are licensed re-sellers of their data and usually supply information on a commercial basis only. Our minimum order for DVLA queries is £250.

However, given the nature of your request, I happy to give you the information you require according to the latest data we have available from the DVLA, end of Q1 2009

Rover 75: 97,677 records (of which 96,657 were first registered after 1999 inclusive)
MG ZT: 19,267 records

You can tell I'm in purchasing now, the art of persuasion!!!! he he

Worrying numbers I would say!! depending on which way you look at it

Nick999 22nd July 2009 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reebmit (Post 359159)
I have just posted these details on another thread but just so they don't get missed:

Wow....I got there in the end and free
Thanks for your note. As I’m sure the DVLA made clear, we are licensed re-sellers of their data and usually supply information on a commercial basis only. Our minimum order for DVLA queries is £250.

However, given the nature of your request, I happy to give you the information you require according to the latest data we have available from the DVLA, end of Q1 2009

Rover 75: 97,677 records (of which 96,657 were first registered after 1999 inclusive)
MG ZT: 19,267 records

You can tell I'm in purchasing now, the art of persuasion!!!! he he

Worrying numbers I would say!! depending on which way you look at it

Thats quite shocking figures for the Rover 75. Far worse than I expected, only 97,677 still registered out of a production run of 211,175.

As for the ZT, very good figures for a car that has been out of production for over four years, still 19,267 registered from a total production run of 27,149. Guess a few thousand were exported.

Nick.

Reebmit 22nd July 2009 08:59

I agree, Its amazing how quickly cars become classics nowadays. Its interesting now how many of us are seeing the prices for 75's and ZT's starting to increase a little. Long may it continue... this should in turn enable people to justify spending a little more to keep them on the road:)

pab 22nd July 2009 09:08

they are quite shocking statistics.if the same request was made for example a ford focus,i think the results may be similar

Reebmit 22nd July 2009 09:14

Hi Pab, they are shocking but the trouble is due to modern day car values being so low the insurance companies just write the cars off even for a minor claim, our society has such a throw away culture and its not set to change soon....hopefully people are seeing what a good car the 75 & ZT are and will engage in keeping them on the road. They are definitely starting to get a more classic status now:)

pab 22nd July 2009 09:27

agree..i remember the issue with the rear window which was broken and the insurance co wanted to write the vehicle off because the glass was unavailable.

majedm75 22nd July 2009 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reebmit (Post 359168)
...interesting now how many of us are seeing the prices for 75's and ZT's starting to increase a little. Long may it continue... this should in turn enable people to justify spending a little more to keep them on the road:)

About time, I had paid mine dear money back in 2000 (not that I'm willing to part with her)