The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Marine radio operators licence (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=264083)

coolcat 21st March 2017 10:33

Marine radio operators licence

This Saturday I have my SRC/VHF one day course and exam to achieve my marine radio operators licence/certificate ..........wish me luck ;)

freddie 21st March 2017 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2464625)
This Saturday I have my SRC/VHF one day course and exam to achieve my marine radio operators licence/certificate ..........wish me luck ;)

Good luck Captain.Titanic 2 on the horizon.

Heddy 21st March 2017 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2464625)

"Breaker '19' Cap'n thats a 4 good buddy"

Georgies Dad 21st March 2017 11:59

Did Vera Lynn say "10 10":D

Georgies Dad 21st March 2017 12:00

Roger,Roger:D

coolcat 21st March 2017 12:36

Thanks all........I think :eek::D

Groundhog 21st March 2017 15:35

Good Luck Capt. Coolcat.

Burwell Mike 22nd March 2017 06:30

Good Luck Jeff! Any plans to venture out to sea when you have mastered the air waves?

Turn left out of Yarmouth, left again at Kings Lynn and I can show you the delights of the Great Ouse :} (Not a patch on the Broads - but less crowded).

Mike

coolcat 22nd March 2017 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burwell Mike (Post 2465015)
Good Luck Jeff! Any plans to venture out to sea when you have mastered the air waves?

Turn left out of Yarmouth, left again at Kings Lynn and I can show you the delights of the Great Ouse :} (Not a patch on the Broads - but less crowded).

Mike

Morning Mike,

Presuming I pass I'm going to then take the 'Day Skippers' course as well which teaches the basics of chart plotting amongst other boating skills.

Then I may we'll take you up on that offer although not sure it will be in our present boat.
She is a category C vessel and sea worthy but with only a 55HP engine only really suitable for calm sea states.

In the near future we plan to get a bigger Category B vessel, either a Broom or a Haines probably and preferably with two (bigger) engines which will allow for extended cruising around the coast and possibly over to mainland Europe.
We would choose the above boats as they are still good for river work as well as off shore and have relatively small drafts :)

Having said all that, on the right day and with some forward planing I may well take Riverlight out at Yarmouth and into the North Sea, of course if I turn right at Yarmouth I could sail back home to Clacton as well:D
She will only do flat out about 10/12 knots though and will cruise at about 7 knots so we won't be getting anywhere fast ;)

One way or the other though it will be on the cards so would be great to take you up on the offer in the future .

coolcat 22nd March 2017 07:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groundhog (Post 2464737)
Good Luck Capt. Coolcat.

Cheers Ray :}