The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Wiper recommendations (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=326826)

Busboy 23rd January 2024 14:57

Wiper recommendations

** Now Sorted with Lucas blades for £15 a pair from Wiper blades co.uk **Can I please have some recommendations on what wipers you are using? it's a known fact that wipers don't last like they used to partly probably because their composition uses more plastics and silicones that seem to go brittle as the blade ages

I have used various brands in my 45 years of car ownership and have probably had at least half a dozen different brands in use on my 75,
My current ones were supplied by GM and have lasted fairly well being on my car for almost Three years now, so what are you using? and I would like to point out that I am not a fan of aero blades, I had a pair a few years back and they did not last well at all.

tourer 23rd January 2024 15:10

No idea who supplies BMW but the ones on my 520 are now 8 and a quarter years old and look and wipe absolutely immaculately. Car is garaged though when not in use. Maybe the lack of sunlight on them helps.

chris75 23rd January 2024 15:27

I've used Bosch for as long as I can remember , bought at Halfords for convenience ! Work well and last for ages :}

Busboy 23rd January 2024 15:27

Thanks "tourer" , I wonder who supplied those blades, probably German manufacturer hence Thier Longevity, a bit like the M47R engines in our cars!

SD1too 23rd January 2024 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busboy (Post 2987500)
Can I please have some recommendations on what wipers you are using?

Valeo Keith and they're lasting for three years, the same as your current GM blades.

Simon

75driver 23rd January 2024 18:12

Fwiw….any Bosch wipers blades I buy off eBay seem to just last about 1 yr.😞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dorchester2 23rd January 2024 19:15

Bosch Aerotwin for me.

coolguy 23rd January 2024 20:00

Bosch do seem to have gone off. Still good function wise, but do not last more than 2 winters at most now.

The Rovering Member 23rd January 2024 23:17

Well my last pair of Bosch blades were noisy from new so l now have a pair of cheapo aero blades which are doing what it says on the tin & l actually like the cleaner look of aero's. So pay your money & take your choice.
I'm of a mind to try silicone wipers next time.

Busboy 24th January 2024 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2987511)
Valeo Keith and they're lasting for three years, the same as your current GM blades.

Simon

Thanks Simon for your input. I'm going to consider the Valeo's I'm against paying over the top for branded products which very often don't come up to scratch, but with Valeo I have never had any issues with any of their products especially the alternator I fitted to my car a few years back.