The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Events and Meets (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Meets / weekends (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=258537)

Tony Sirett 14th December 2016 23:20

Meets / weekends

I know you have a national day coming up at Eden near malton but do you do a weekend / camping show at all?
Im a member of a couple of clubs and we have what we call our national weekend where you can camp over have a few beers talk testimonials until the early hours and then compare hangovers in the morning, we invite other clubs along, have different catagories for judging vehicles.

Just a thought. Cheers Tony

Dragrad 14th December 2016 23:49

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old. This may be the better forum as threads get ‘lost’ very quickly in the General Forum. :Holly1:

ssizefive 15th December 2016 09:35

We used to have some fantastic 'spanner' weekends at Doncaster aeroventure but sadly they seemed to fade out with fewer & fewer members attending so we stopped doing them.
If you go back through the Yorkshire region threads you will find plenty of pictures from the past events.

Steve.

Tony Sirett 15th December 2016 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssizefive (Post 2416858)
We used to have some fantastic 'spanner' weekends at Doncaster aeroventure but sadly they seemed to fade out with fewer & fewer members attending so we stopped doing them.
If you go back through the Yorkshire region threads you will find plenty of pictures from the past events.

Steve.

Just been reading through the last Spanner rally thread 2014 i believe, seems a lot of people dropped out :(

is there any chance of reserecting the weekend? or starting a new weekend? i'm more than happy to help out with organising and coordinating, i have over 25 years experience of classic car clubs and car rallies and was the president of a large classic car club for three years (i know im a sad #*%'#er :p )

Cheers Tony

ssizefive 15th December 2016 12:53

The last meet there was a little disappointing but it is understandable as life seems to be very busy these days. Brian ( actros ) or andywilli are the people to talk to as they arranged the meets there.
I'm not sure if the aeroventure allow these kind of meets now but if they did & there is enough interest in another meet then i would be happy to help.
Not sure how far away they are from you but the midlands region hold quite a few weekend events through the year which always seem to be very successful.

Steve.

Tony Sirett 15th December 2016 13:09

i am under the midlands meet area but to be truthfull im actually closer to South Yorkshire / Lincolnshire area than i am to the midlands as im based on the North Notts / South Yorkshire border (my side of the road is Nottinghamshire, and the people on the opposite side of the road to me are South Yorkshire).

the easiest way to start a weekend meet is to piggy back of off a meet thats already up and running, book in as a club set up a stand at the show and all camp over, once its up and running and there prooves to be enough interest then look at organising your own show.
the advantage of piggybacking is that theres other vehicles there to look at usually some auto jumble / boot fare items or some sort of attraction depending on the location.

i shall contact Brian and andywilli and ask if theres anything going on or if i can help if there is.

Cheers Tony

Dragrad 18th December 2016 23:28

This may help to co-ordinate meets....

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/calendar.php

You can always amend as time progresses :Holly1:

Timbo.P6 19th December 2016 19:07

what about the nano meets ?

Tony Sirett 19th December 2016 21:29

I shall have to try and get along to them 😉