The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The Valeting Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Anyone use a de-ionising filter to get rid of water spots? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=276963)

Proud owner 14th December 2017 09:40

Anyone use a de-ionising filter to get rid of water spots?

Does anyone use one of these, are they any good and worth the money?

I know some detailers use them, I live in a particularly hard water area being in the South East and am always left with water spots. They're £60 and the one that seems to be used is made by Aquagleam, who in their blurb say I would need a 30ppm filter but the results aren't as good, so a lot of money to risk.

Do they really make a difference and are they worth the outlay?

Avulon 14th December 2017 11:40

I'd just use good drying technique and a rinse-aid.

Greeners 14th December 2017 20:05

Try rain water, difference is amazing

suffolk boy 15th December 2017 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeners (Post 2574242)
Try rain water, difference is amazing

its all i use no probelms.and the water round here is that hard left out in the sun it sets.how i dream of that soft scottish water.if you do get some white spots esp on the glass. a little drop of white vinegar soon sorts that out.

7T5 15th December 2017 10:47

I don't really have issues here with water spots once dried. When i washed the car for the BMC day at Gaydon at the B&B that was a different matter. Hard going even after drying there was water spots.

breakfastinsmethwick 15th December 2017 18:56

I agree with others, use rainwater, even as just a final rinse I do not get spotting.

murphyv310 17th December 2017 20:37

Wash the car when it's raining.
I used to do this regularly as it also helps to soften any road dirt, I also use a hose fed wash brush, pressure washer on occasions, all depends on how dirty the car is and if its dry out or wet. To be fair I have had white spots even in our alleged soft water area.

wullie480 18th December 2017 08:38

My car gets a wash every time it's raining :getmecoat::getmecoat:
so really must give it a proper wash soon as it's looking a tad filthy at the moment.

RPWC 22nd December 2017 16:02

I use pure water for my cleaning business, have carbon, and sediment filters, and 2 reverse osmosis filters, followed by de i resin, result 000ppm. Cant use it for car washing though, as pump not powerful enough to give any good pressure.

NigelOBB 23rd December 2017 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2576607)
I use pure water for my cleaning business, have carbon, and sediment filters, and 2 reverse osmosis filters, followed by de i resin, result 000ppm. Cant use it for car washing though, as pump not powerful enough to give any good pressure.

I keep Marine Fish and use the spare RO water in my washer bottle.. keeps windscreen scarm free.. 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk