The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Swap-a-rama (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Alloys Swap Needed!! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4426)

Longbridge Loony 30th March 2007 15:57

Alloys Swap Needed!!

I am new to the site and have been told that this is the place to ask.

I have a 52 Plate ZT-T with 18" "Spoke" Alloy wheels and have had a nightmare trying to find someone who fancies a straight swap for a set of Rover 75 15" Alloys.

The reason is purely cost for as I cannot afford to remortgage every time one of these odd size tyres needs replacing! So does anyone know what I could do?

They are in good condition with a few scrapes.

GreyGhost 30th March 2007 16:08

Hi loony
Welcome to the club and the forum.
Any chance of some pics to show the condition? May help someone decide. :).
Also what depth of tread is left on the black rubbery bits? What is the rubber?

Keith 30th March 2007 16:11

Which model of ZTT if a 190 you will have to stick to the 18" wheels

Kandyman 30th March 2007 16:28

Hi there, lets see a picture of your wheels and wheel/Tyre size, I do have 4 15" crowns about somewhere.

David3807 30th March 2007 16:28

E Bay usually has a selection of 15" wheels sometimes singles but lately a number of sets of 4. The sets usually go for less than the price of 1 18" tyre.

Then when/if you come to sell your motor the 18" wheels can go back on.

GreyGhost 30th March 2007 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 44233)
Which model of ZTT if a 190 you will have to stick to the 18" wheels

Quite right Keith front brake discs and calipers would have to changed to accomodate smaller wheels. Well spotted.

Aha. just checked PP and it's a diseasel so no problem with a swap out.

Longbridge Loony 30th March 2007 18:20

The model is a 2.0 CDTi. I wasn't aware that you could not use certain alloys-you learn something new every day!

Just taken some quick pics, although there not great. Will post them up shortly.

Longbridge Loony 30th March 2007 18:30

They have got Continental Tyres with the rear ones having a few thousand miles left, with the front probably a few hundred??? Grey Ghost can I e-mail pics to you or can you tell me how to put pics on, as I can't figure it out!

Cheers

ColinB 30th March 2007 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longbridge Loony (Post 44288)
They have got Continental Tyres with the rear ones having a few thousand miles left, with the front probably a few hundred??? Grey Ghost can I e-mail pics to you or can you tell me how to put pics on, as I can't figure it out!

Cheers

Easiest way to post pics is to open a free account with www.photobucket.com and upload the photos there. Then click the IMG tag below the photo and paste it in to your post here.

GreyGhost 30th March 2007 18:42

Go to the "Image Gallery" drop down menu and choose "upload an image" Click on choose file, locate file on your machine, click choose. Then click host it. You can do 5 at a time. Once uploaded, go to "Image gallery" "My images"
Below the required image you will see "BB code IMG" select the contents of the adjacent field and copy. Create a new post or reply to a post and paste the IMG code into it and any text you wish.
The only caveat is that the picture size may be to big, in which case you will be told and you will have to resize the picture before uploading.
Pics can also be hosted externally, Photobucket or similar the the same process will apply in terms of copy and paste the location into a post, this allows for larger pic sizes.

Hope this helps.