The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   October Breakfast Meeting?*** CANCELLED**** (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=325784)

boater 2nd October 2023 16:50

October Breakfast Meeting?*** CANCELLED****

I have been thinking it would be nice to have a meeting this month before the season closes.

I have tried to contact Mick Brownhill by PM and e-mail but so far have had no response.

My thoughts are for a breakfast meeting like we used to have at the Waterwheel but the problem is finding a suitable venue. An obvious choice would be Thrybergh Country Park as we have usually had at least one meeting there but not this year. Like the last meet there, I think it would be sandwiches (bacon, sausage, blt etc) rather than a full breakfast on a plate. I know this is a bit of a trek for those in N. Lincs, Hull etc so an alternative could be Gainsborough which might make it more central. The Trent Port Hotel there by the river serves breakfasts and has a big car park but I have no knowledge of how good it might be.

Let me know if there is any interest for this and if anyone has an alternative venue they would prefer.

I was thinking probably Saturday 14th or maybe 21st would be good.

Any thoughts welcome.

Howard

actros 3rd October 2023 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by boater (Post 2979975)
I have been thinking it would be nice to have a meeting this month before the season closes.

I have tried to contact Mick Brownhill by PM and e-mail but so far have had no response.

My thoughts are for a breakfast meeting like we used to have at the Waterwheel but the problem is finding a suitable venue. An obvious choice would be Thrybergh Country Park as we have usually had at least one meeting there but not this year. Like the last meet there, I think it would be sandwiches (bacon, sausage, blt etc) rather than a full breakfast on a plate. I know this is a bit of a trek for those in N. Lincs, Hull etc so an alternative could be Gainsborough which might make it more central. The Trent Port Hotel there by the river serves breakfasts and has a big car park but I have no knowledge of how good it might be.

Let me know if there is any interest for this and if anyone has an alternative venue they would prefer.

I was thinking probably Saturday 14th or maybe 21st would be good.

Any thoughts welcome.

Howard

Hi i would be interested in this any date would be ok .

Diesel Driver 4th October 2023 20:12

October Meeting.

Well done Howard.
An October meet would be very welcome. I hope enough members will attend.
We should all try, before the weather turns nasry.
Best regards, John, (diesel driver).

FLYING BANANA 4th October 2023 21:18

Depending on the date we might be able to attend.

boater 6th October 2023 14:42

Thanks to those above for bothering to reply.

I have decided to say we will have the meet at the Trent Port Hotel on Saturday 21st October. This gives more time to decide if you are able to attend. Checking their website a full English, as much as you can eat breakfast is £6.49 + tea/coffee which is very good these days. Bacon/sausage baps are available for £3. They have a big car park at the front so we should be able to park together.

Breakfast is 10-11.30 so suggest meeting at 10.

Also for those with an interest in history there is Gainsborough Old Hall not far away. I went there some years ago and it is very interesting. Admission is around £10.

I hope we can get a few of our members together for this - it will probably be the last chance this year.

The address is:

Trent Port
Ramper Road, Gainsborough DN21 1NE

I would appreciate it if you could indicate if you intend to be there.

Howard

actros 6th October 2023 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by boater (Post 2980334)

I have decided to say we will have the meet at the Trent Port Hotel on Saturday 21st October. This gives more time to decide if you are able to attend. Checking their website a full English, as much as you can eat breakfast is £6.49 + tea/coffee which is very good these days. Bacon/sausage baps are available for £3. They have a big car park at the front so we should be able to park together.

Also for those with an interest in history there is Gainsborough Old Hall not far away. I went there some years ago and it is very interesting. Admission is around £10.

I hope we can get a few of our members together for this - it will probably be the last chance this year.

The address is:

Trent Port

Howard

Hi i will be there not far for to come .

actros 17th October 2023 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by boater (Post 2980334)

The address is:

Trent Port

Howard

Hi mate is this meet still on or what .

boater 17th October 2023 13:55

Hello Brian

The lack of response is very disappointing but I will still be going accompanied by Richard and his son Jack who are my neighbours. In view of the lack of support, If you don't think it's worth it now I will understand but if you do decide to come we will see you there about 10.00.

Howard

FLYING BANANA 17th October 2023 14:02

Alas I'm unable to attend.

boater 17th October 2023 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2981004)
Alas I'm unable to attend.

A bit too far even for you Bob but thanks for letting me know.v