The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   what are your superstitions? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=264172)

macafee2 22nd March 2017 19:35

what are your superstitions?

come on tell, what are your superstitions?

mine, what goes around, comes around

macafee2

suzublu 22nd March 2017 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2465368)
come on tell, what are your superstitions?

mine, what goes around, comes around

macafee2

That's not a superstition, it's a philosophy:shrug:

macafee2 22nd March 2017 20:06

well, know you all know i'm fick :) what's your philosophy?

macafee2

Heddy 22nd March 2017 20:09

Got no superstitions, I deliberately walk under ladders. I do believe in the supernatural though, that can be scary.

suzublu 22nd March 2017 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2465387)
well, know you all know i'm fick :) what's your philosophy?

macafee2

Actually Ian, same as yours:D It's called Karma:cool:
Touch wood:D (That's a superstition);):D

Jay 22nd March 2017 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2465391)
Actually Ian, same as yours:D It's called Karma:cool:
Touch wood:D (That's a superstition);):D

Nailed both of them for me Ronnie. I believe in Karma but I always touch wood when I say things, even if it's my head :D:getmecoat:

MSS 22nd March 2017 20:55

That all those who are in any way nasty to me naturally suffer. :}

Rev Jules 22nd March 2017 21:25

If you have an Osophy, you're a professor, as far as Karma is concerned I do love a good curry. :shrug:

Rev

BoroRover 22nd March 2017 21:37

Every first trip of the day in my 75 I say hello to Jasper (my car), and hello t Gabby, the small Angel on my dashboard, then tap the top of the dashboard three times....don't ask me why I do that....I don't know why, I just do it. :shrug::shrug:

Arryhall 22nd March 2017 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoroRover (Post 2465422)
Every first trip of the day in my 75 I say hello to Jasper (my car), and hello t Gabby, the small Angel on my dashboard, then tap the top of the dashboard three times....don't ask me why I do that....I don't know why, I just do it. :shrug::shrug:

Dude, that'd bordering on OCD, that is! :D

My nan was superstitious. I swear she made things up as she went along!
Spill salt, so take a pinch and throw it over your left shoulder. This blinds the Devil sitting there that made you spill the salt.
Never put brand new shoes on a table, even in the box. Filthy, old, manky worn shoes are no problem but no new shoes.
Green. My dad got a green works car and it was responsible for every little thing that went wrong coz of the bad luck green causes.
There were so many, I'm surprised she could even function!

"Do unto others" etc. and Karma and that sort of philosophical way of living aren't superstitions. They are philosophies on morality and ways of living. Superstitions are exceptionally odd, pointless fears. Walking under ladders is actually sound, as heavy objects dropped on your head hurt. But GREEN???? Where the heck is the reasoning behind that????:confused: