The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Double Din Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   DYNAVIN (Android) SD Card FAQ (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=105337)

Spôôk 16th February 2012 09:12

DYNAVIN (Android) SD Card FAQ

SD Cards seem to be one of the major issues people are having with the Dynavin.
I have had my share of fun with this and maybe some of you can benefit from that. Thus this thread.

Bootable SD card
If you are going to re-install or upgrade the Android system you should use a 2GB SD card (it is usually supplied with the unit).

The card must be formatted as BOOTABLE. This is not as straight forward as it may sound.

1. You need a "special" program to do this. Personally I use EASEUS, which is free (google search for Easeus Partition Manager). But there are probably many other programs that will do the job.
2. Insert the SD-card in your PC (you may need a USB adapter).
3. Open EASEUS (or whatever program you ended up with).
4. Select the 2 GB SD-Card.
5. Select "PARTITION" in the menu
6. Select "Make Partition ACTIVE" - THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! If you don't do this the Dynavin will NOT install updates or re-installs. It is obvious from countless questions that People neglect this.
7. Now you can format the SD card:
a. Select "Format" in the menu.
b. Select FAT and 8 KB sectors
NOTE: CHECK and RE-CHECK that you are formatting the SD card and NOT SOMETHING ELSE BEFORE CLICKING OK.
8. Now you can move or copy the update files to the SD card.
9. Before turning on the ignition, insert the SD Card in the Dynavin card slot.
10. Turn ignition.
11. Wait for Dynavin to start and watch for install progress.
DO NOT TURN OFF THE IGNITION OR TOUCH ANYTHING DURING THE INSTALL.
It will take 5-10 mins. When finished it will say "Remove SD card" or something similar (Chinglese). Turn OFF the ignition. Remove the Card. Turn ignition - AND WAIT.............................................. ..
Be patient it takes a loooooooong time before the Dynavin becomes active. I havent timed it, but it feels like 10-15 mins.
NOW YOU ARE DONE.

Enjoy.

Spôôk 16th February 2012 09:18

What SD Cards (for DATA) will work with the Dynavin

This is a huge question, with all the different types and sizes of SD cards out there.
But, here is what I can confirm:

SANDISK MicroSDHC 2GB, 4GB, 8GB

SAMSUNG MicroSDHC Class 10 32GB

All formatted with EASEUS FAT32

daniguramba 15th November 2012 14:39

Hello Mate,
I am not sure if you can help me but I lost my dynavin card and I have tried all the cards that you have listed and none work.
Do you know what should I try?
Thanx

tony_fry 15th November 2012 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniguramba (Post 1140648)
Hello Mate,
I am not sure if you can help me but I lost my dynavin card and I have tried all the cards that you have listed and none work.
Do you know what should I try?
Thanx

Hi Dani

I am not sure where you are based in London, I am working in Plumstead S.E London, if you are close by you could pop into me and I could setup the SD card for you, I know what a pain they can be to do, if you are not 100% on them.

CDTi 15th November 2012 18:54

If you can't get to Tony, try this: http://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/sh...postcount=1323

daniguramba 16th November 2012 13:15

Thank you very much.
With the information from the link you gave me I did manage to format my sd card and flash the rom to the unit.
I can see that you are very aware of this dynavin unit.
I still have another question.Sean sent me the adapter for the steering wheel controls but I have tried almost everything and still my MG ZT doesn't want to work with the swc.
If you know someone around London who can deal with these problems let me know.I don't mind driving some miles but at least I can get to someone who has a proper idea.
Cheers!

CDTi 16th November 2012 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniguramba (Post 1141200)
Sean sent me the adapter for the steering wheel controls but I have tried almost everything and still my MG ZT doesn't want to work with the swc.
If you know someone around London who can deal with these problems let me know.I don't mind driving some miles but at least I can get to someone who has a proper idea.
Cheers!

Tony Fry is your best bet if you can get to him. He is not called "Mr Double Din Nav" for nothing :D

bryanfury75 17th November 2012 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDTi (Post 1141211)
Tony Fry is your best bet if you can get to him. He is not called "Mr Double Din Nav" for nothing :D

If you (with the help of Tony) manage to sort SWC out, then I'll make a london trip, too.... Tried everything since now but no luck.

tony_fry 17th November 2012 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryanfury75 (Post 1141822)
If you (with the help of Tony) manage to sort SWC out, then I'll make a london trip, too.... Tried everything since now but no luck.

Hi Bryan,

Do you know what Connect2 patch lead you have? Sony or Pioneer?

Sean seems to recommend the Sony lead, when I fitted it, mine did not work, so I tried the Pioneer and the best I could get the SWC to do was the volume, but that was on the D99 unit, when I had the D95 I got all the functions (Volume UP and Down, mode button and channel up and down)

I finally got a wireless steering wheel control unit PAC SWI-X, sorry to say but the information is on the "other" side:-

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthrea...ighlight=SWI-X

This was the only way I could get full control of the SWC on the head unit.

They are not cheap, but if you want full SWC there is no other method I can find

Ebay Link
http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/38049...var=sbar&cbt=y

Hope this helps all members out with the D99 & D95 units.

CDTi 17th November 2012 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony_fry (Post 1141874)
Do you know what Connect2 patch lead you have? Sony or Pioneer?

Sean seems to recommend the Sony lead, when I fitted it, mine did not work, so I tried the Pioneer and the best I could get the SWC to do was the volume, but that was on the D99 unit, when I had the D95 I got all the functions (Volume UP and Down, mode button and channel up and down)

Tony

I believe the Sony and Pioneer are the same patch leads. In any event, I don't think the wired SWC adapter will work with the D99 due to some unknown/undisclosed "change" the Chinese made to the D99.

Glad to hear you got the steering controls back with the SWI-X.