The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Members Cars For-Sale (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   any one interested in a W reg 1.8 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=193649)

Steve42 26th August 2014 18:32

any one interested in a W reg 1.8

Have a w reg 1.8 conn se up for grabs.
will have to go on the back of a trailer as no tax or mot.
engine stuffed. Leaks water into number 4 cylinder and from the corner.
Had new head gasket twice now and head skimmed.
Dont want to scrap it
but if any one is interested send me a pm
its in British racing green 1
not long had a new exhust cam belt was done two years ago along with the water pump
and drop links have been done.
around 100 quid .

coab 27th August 2014 06:59

You need a price Steve as per forum rules!:D

J1MBO 27th August 2014 08:18

Steve

Sean is correct in his advice you need to state a price plus pictures would also help the sale.

I've edited the thread title to make it more obvious what is being sold.

Steve42 27th August 2014 14:26

Sorry for that. Price is really open to offers as I just don't want to scrap it.

Petetourer 27th August 2014 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve42 (Post 1770203)
Sorry for that. Price is really open to offers as I just don't want to scrap it.

As Much as you don't want to, a price needs to be stated :shrug: as stated, it's the rules.

If you don't add a price, the mods will pull the advert. ;)

J1MBO 28th August 2014 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petetourer (Post 1770292)
As Much as you don't want to, a price needs to be stated :shrug: as stated, it's the rules.

If you don't add a price, the mods will pull the advert. ;)

Steve, unfortunately Pete is correct in what he advises, if you've not already viewed the FAQ in question :smilie_re:

"14.2 Items posted for sale must carry the asking price. Asking for offers is not allowed. However, the only exception to this rule is when selling a vehicle as a whole, then the use of ONO or OVNO is permissible, as this is acceptable practice when selling cars."

This requirement is also contained within the sticky at the top of the section.

I would appreciate it if you could comply with the request.

gazzv6 28th August 2014 17:13

I don't mean to be cheeky chaps , but just out of interest why could you not put "open to offers" , just I wouldn't know how much a car like this in this condition is worth , I'm just interested that's all chaps

Dragrad 29th August 2014 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazzv6 (Post 1771167)
I don't mean to be cheeky chaps , but just out of interest why could you not put "open to offers" , just I wouldn't know how much a car like this in this condition is worth , I'm just interested that's all chaps

As the rules state a price must be stated. However the use of ono or ovno is permissible when selling a whole car. However "open to offers" is not. This is due to the fact that in the past this has resulted in all sorts of issues to not only to the sellers but also potential buyers.

Besides the use of various car selling sites are always a good guide to current prices that could be realised.

The OP can always adjust the price in the light of their experience in trying to sell the car.

The end all is that the rule is there, and if not abided to after a request may well be pulled. ;)

Steve42 30th August 2014 13:38

Have now stuck a price on it .
Sorry all

Dragrad 30th August 2014 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve42 (Post 1772821)
Have now stuck a price on it .
Sorry all

Thank you Steve :}