The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   cars doing my head in (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=103165)

mark d3 22nd January 2012 16:09

cars doing my head in

5 Attachment(s)
i still have a swimming pool in the boot,its not the usual suspects and i dont think its the rear screen clips getting sick of it now,today had a knocking from under the car i think its the 5 month old abs link arm in the photo the bottom bush was a right weird shape earlier looking at the photos can anyone tell me if the top of the arm where it go,s into the strut is supposed to look like that?

myfirstrover 22nd January 2012 16:29

leak

The leak in my boot was traced to a chrome side trim clip coming lose and letting water in , might be worth a look?

mark d3 22nd January 2012 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by myfirstrover (Post 905857)
The leak in my boot was traced to a chrome side trim clip coming lose and letting water in , might be worth a look?

thanks for that,already checked/fixed rear light seals,boot seal, chrome side trims,side vents,quarter panel trim,rear screen clips,rover had the fantastic idea of punching fixing holes every where in the body

rotrex 22nd January 2012 16:38

Mark. looking at the last pic, the nut apears to be missing that holds drop lint to arb. is it ? if is that will be clancking about a fair bit, although surprised its still connected if no nut on it ?

mark d3 22nd January 2012 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotrex (Post 905873)
Mark. looking at the last pic, the nut apears to be missing that holds drop lint to arb. is it ? if is that will be clancking about a fair bit, although surprised its still connected if no nut on it ?

think its the photo,took it on my phone theres 2 nuts on there a standard one and a nyloc

mark d3 22nd January 2012 16:42

does photo 1 look normal theres a gap where it go,s into the strut

BarryH 22nd January 2012 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark d3 (Post 905872)
thanks for that,already checked/fixed rear light seals,boot seal, chrome side trims,side vents,quarter panel trim,rear screen clips,rover had the fantastic idea of punching fixing holes every where in the body

Mark try the boot lid fixings.Sorted my boot leak a couple of years ago when I had done everything else
Regards
Barry

kaiser 22nd January 2012 17:17

Sunroof?...

rich17865 22nd January 2012 20:57

I have a leak in the boot from a badly fitted panel repair, still trying to stop it leaking now! Are there any signs of an old repair? I bought some seam sealer recently will give that a go soon. Just a thought.

mark d3 22nd January 2012 21:05

nope no sunroof or any repairs that i know of to the back of the car