The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: Northern Ireland & Éire (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Club invite to Northern Ireland in 2017 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=249590)

Robson Rover Repair 20th July 2016 19:53

Club invite to Northern Ireland in 2017

Folks I'm officially extending an offer of a club visit the Ireland / Northern Ireland in 2017.

Our tourism board is going through the roof with game of thrones, titanic and all sorts happening.

I deeply loved getting over to POL this year and I'm saving to go next year and also attend the club meet after.

If there was interested parties I could happily help with arranging hotels, events, etc.

Do you think it would be the interest there?

If so when, I know cost is always an issue but with so many choices of sailing over to, Scotland to Larne, Belfast to Liverpool and Wales to Dublin (90 mile straight drive to Belfast) etc.

Should people be genuinely interested I would happily run things this end.

I might even be able to get a bulk deal on the local Hilton for rooms (in Templepatrick) as it has everything and also a large room where perhaps we could have an evening meal as a large group etc.

Obviously numbers are key, I would recommend mid June time here myself, schools get out in early July and our tourism goes mad then.

keithst24 20th July 2016 20:00

Sounds good, keep me posted :D

solarsailor 20th July 2016 20:41

Never been to NI (or Ireland come to that) and it's a place I'd like to visit. What better excuse is needed for a 'drive out'? Keep me posted too please.

Jim Jamieson 20th July 2016 23:46

That's a good idea, I've been to Belfast twice on day trips from Ayr sailing on the Monas Isle but that was way back when in my teens and before the troubles started.
I would love to come over possibly with the caravan and see some of the lovely sights.
Keep us posted and meantime I will run this past the boss to see what her thoughts are.

mininuts 21st July 2016 00:06

I could possibly be interested too. Easy for me as Cairnryan is only up the road.
All depends on dates, costs and the usual other things, I'll watch with interest though :}

Bluejon 22nd July 2016 22:23

Hi Colin,

This sounds very interesting for us,would love a trip over to N/I with the family,could you please keep us posted on possible dates & venues etc,very much obliged for posting this,take care & hope to hear from you.

Best Regards.....John & Jan.

Bluejon & Silvervixen.

trikey 23rd July 2016 20:33

I do like NI, put us down provisionally..

Mmm Guinness :drool4:

marinabrian 25th August 2016 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2335008)
I do like NI, put us down provisionally..

Mmm Guinness :drool4:

I would have thought flat San Miguel was more your drink of choice :drool4:

Brian :D

Robti 31st August 2016 09:09

Well as all my fathers side came from there it would be a good time for a trip

Robson Rover Repair 5th September 2016 12:30

Having approached the ferry lines it's going to be to me h hassle for me to arrange everyone's own discount per route. And I mean a lot of leg work.

My thoughts are as follows.

Thursday 29th June (arrival for all)

People can stay for what suits, I would plan events for the Saturday, Sunday, Monday and everyone departing Tuesday.

The main Saturday and Sunday days would be the big NI trips, with Monday being the ones that are really good but people won't mind missing.

How does this sound. I'm talking with hotels atm with good parking and balanced rates.

Would this work for people as I need to really give good dates to get rates and deals.