The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   75 and ZT mk 3 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7909)

Hampton Caught 13th July 2007 12:58

75 and ZT mk 3

As the facelifted 75 and ZT is now three years old, what would you do if you were manaufacturing the car now to facelift it again/ freshen it up for today's market?

I will offer the following up as proposals and would welcome your own ball-gazing thoughts....then maybe someone could photoshop what we come up with!?
  • Tweaks to front and rear bumpers to provide a splitter effect (ZT only)
  • Subtle rubbing strips down the flanks to provide some car park protection
  • Replace the rear light lenses with LEDs (but NOT the Lexus-style abominations)
  • Body colour dash option for the ZT
  • Small rear (high level) spoiler for the ZT-T
  • Revise the rear window for the tourer and ZT-T to prevent water ingress
  • Uprated head gaskets for all K series cars
In giving this some thought, I've realised that there is so much I like about the styling of our cars that there's really very little (major) action I would take. My suggestions are mostly tinkering and adding bling.....but isn't that what manufacuturers tend to do anyway?

Ladies and gentlemen, your suggestions, please.....

Steve

MartinW 13th July 2007 16:00

I'd like to see a body shell in the style of the original ZA/ZB Magnettes, a bit like the way the 75 was evolved from the original 75.

I looked at a new Rolls Royce this morning when I was leaving the hotel in Dubai, and it struck me that the new 75 could follow a similar theme based on the original P5B coupe with a nice upright grille and that sloping rear boot with smaller tail lights that remind me so much of the 50/60s Rolls Royce and Rover P4 and P5.

tourerfogey 13th July 2007 18:39

Ideas for the Mk3...mmmm...let's see??

I know, reverse all the 'Korean' styling introduced on the Mk2 and make it look like the Mk1 again.

(I'm now going to hide under my stairs for a short while....)

pondweed 13th July 2007 19:03

if they could just redesign all the newbie panels to the same standard of the original that would be a start. and take those big letters off the boot. I keep trying to convince myself its sensible to go for a mk2 tourer but everytime I look at one, I know I'm spiritually better off with the more holistic original

tourerfogey 13th July 2007 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by pondweed (Post 72425)
if they could just redesign all the newbie panels to the same standard of the original that would be a start. and take those big letters off the boot. I keep trying to convince myself its sensible to go for a mk2 tourer but everytime I look at one, I know I'm spiritually better off with the more holistic original

That's exactly how I feel. I've toyed with the idea of getting something newer than my 03 reg Mk1 but with only 16K on the clock it means I'm looking at a very late virtually unused Mk2 - and they just ain't the same are they?

Either that or a higher spec model of similar vintage to mine, but it doesn't seem sensible to buy a car with a higher mileage than the one I've already got.

(it was dark and cold under my stairs so, sorry guys, I'm back ;))

bluenose66 13th July 2007 19:20

Issue you with a couple of goldfish that you can place under your ECU, this would then give your plenum (not) drain a reason for existing :lol:

ColinB 13th July 2007 21:32

I would make it look exactly like the original and call it the Retro 75. Bet it would sell like hot cakes.

JohnDotCom 13th July 2007 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by pondweed (Post 72425)

I have the new Tourer and am in the Process of removing Rover Letters across rear Tailgate. Will post pictures when completed.

Simon 13th July 2007 21:43

I would choose the Mk2 Premium bumper on a ZT and remake all the body pannels in aluminium and have tighter fitting tolerances. I would also fully leather upholster the interior (door cards, centre console and dash). Then I'd find a better V8 than the Ford Mustang one and supercharge it, perhaps mate it with an autobox capable of transfering the power. Then I'd..... oh wait, hang on... I think I'd better stop now. Several apple carts have just been upset in the wake of what I've just said....... :o

..... I'll get me coat. :getmecoat:

GreyGhost 13th July 2007 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 72495)
I have the new Tourer and am in the Process of removing Rover Letters across rear Tailgate. Will post pictures when completed.

Found a use for that new angle grinder then JD, I hope you bought some T cut as well. :D