The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rover 75 Airbag warning light (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=86149)

Simulator 8th June 2011 13:32

Rover 75 Airbag warning light

Hi all
I bought my Rover 75 last Christmas and love it. It came with a few warning lights on which I have solved, but the airbag warning light is the one that has me beaten. The car has not been in an accident to my knowledge, any suggestions would be great.:shrug:

raymond moore 8th June 2011 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simulator (Post 737423)
Hi all
I bought my Rover 75 last Christmas and love it. It came with a few warning lights on which I have solved, but the airbag warning light is the one that has me beaten. The car has not been in an accident to my knowledge, any suggestions would be great.:shrug:

check the wire connections under the drivers seat. dont atempt anything until the engine is switched off,then waite 10/15 mins just fiddle with the connection pushing them together with a bit of luck it could solve the problem, thats what a friend of mine did with my car.silent polcemen, poor road serfaces can all help to loosen the connections.

raymond moore 8th June 2011 14:06

:smilie_re:
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymond moore (Post 737439)
check the wire connections under the drivers seat. dont atempt anything until the engine is switched off,then waite 10/15 mins just fiddle with the connection pushing them together with a bit of luck it could solve the problem, thats what a friend of mine did with my car.silent polcemen, poor road serfaces can all help to loosen the connections.

ZedTeeTee 8th June 2011 14:44

You may find the last post of this thread of interest.... ideally though you need a T4 session to pinpoint the exact issue.

welstrung 8th June 2011 16:25

Same happened to me, The red srs light illuminated and wouldnt clear. I simply applied substantial pressure to all the covers (including the rear seat backs) problem solved. Could have been a coincidence but no light showing now

pab 8th June 2011 16:36

If movement and pressing the connections together under both front seats fails to resolve the issue,remove the airbag fuse and leave twenty minutes,this resets the airbag module

T-Cut 8th June 2011 16:38

There are two connecotr blocks under each front seat. Any one of them can cause the airbag warning. There are obviously several other potential causes, but the under seat connectors cause 99% of this fault.

TC

Simulator 9th June 2011 08:38

Airbag light

Many thanks Raymond and all other guys,'so simple' checked all connections under seat and would you believe it - the light went out !!!:}

Freebyrd 9th June 2011 08:56

This happened to me a few weeks ago, nothing loose under the seat. Checked the fuse (No. 18 fuse in passenger side fuse box), fuse looked OK but changed it and light went out and stayed out. Tried this on a w reg 75 belonging to club member with light on the other night, no good, light stayed on. This seems to be a continuing problem with the cars, is it to do with cars getting older?

calibrax 9th June 2011 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebyrd (Post 738055)
This happened to me a few weeks ago, nothing loose under the seat. Checked the fuse (No. 18 fuse in passenger side fuse box), fuse looked OK but changed it and light went out and stayed out. Tried this on a w reg 75 belonging to club member with light on the other night, no good, light stayed on. This seems to be a continuing problem with the cars, is it to do with cars getting older?

Bear in mind the connections can look and feel secure but there's a design fault which means that sometimes they still aren't connected properly. Some people have replaced the connectors with different ones to solve the issue, and some have even soldered the connections instead. Failing that... some have solved the issue by replacing the airbag ECU, but that's really an expensive last resort... as has been said, 99% of the time it's the connections.