The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Updates from the Bovington tank muesume. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=266077)

Lordy 23rd April 2017 15:00

Updates from the Bovington tank muesume.

Good afternoon all hope everyone's the weekend, well I've got some news to share which might be of interest for the club and its members. :D

As you know I went last year I thought it was a fantastic day out, long drive but all the well worth it. :D

I get regular updates at the tank museum got a contact number from last from one of the tank engineers I spoke too, he's been giving updates from within.

There's few events at Bovington one is tiger weekend, also Meet the Veterans, Veterans from all over the globe share there stories and give a inside what it was like too fight during the wars.

Once I get the dates and also depending how much interest I can get the ball rolling and contact the museum and possibly get a good discount as well, the more interest the better and will work out cheaper as well. :D

So ladies and gents what do you think as a future meet. :D?

Darcydog 23rd April 2017 15:12

Without doubt a brilliant venue. Been there several times. For families there is Monkey world just up the world if kids/families want a change.

Lordy 23rd April 2017 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2481204)
Without doubt a brilliant venue. Been there several times. For families there is Monkey world just up the world if kids/families want a change.

I remember passing Monkey world as well, Even saw a tank being towed too the museum I could just barley make it out, it was a Panther G looks like it was going for a full restoration at the vehicle conservation centre :D

Gino 23rd April 2017 16:07

I think it is a brilliant idea, it is somewhere I do want to visit. However, it is a long drive!

Rob

Lordy 23rd April 2017 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gino (Post 2481226)
I think it is a brilliant idea, it is somewhere I do want to visit. However, it is a long drive!

Rob

I know feeling took me 7 hours too get there, went a bit eailer too avoid traffic jams, also camped in the car by the museum entrance and slept for a few hours till the place was opened. :D

windrush 23rd April 2017 16:59

I am up for it I missed the last one there run by Redfive

Lordy 23rd April 2017 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by windrush (Post 2481286)
I am up for it I missed the last one there run by Redfive

Be great too see you there when it happens. :D

I'll see what I can do. :D;)

Saga Lout 23rd April 2017 17:19

Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2481204)

Also sometimes called by it's real name, Swanage...

Darcydog 23rd April 2017 17:31

Oooo you are awful......:D

Talking of Swanage - the Steam Railway that runs down past Corfe Castle is definitely worth a go as well.

spyder 23rd April 2017 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Rover (Post 2481196)
Good afternoon all hope everyone's the weekend, well I've got some news to share which might be of interest for the club and its members. :D

As you know I went last year I thought it was a fantastic day out, long drive but all the well worth it. :D

I get regular updates at the tank museum got a contact number from last from one of the tank engineers I spoke too, he's been giving updates from within.

There's few events at Bovington one is tiger weekend, also Meet the Veterans, Veterans from all over the globe share there stories and give a inside what it was like too fight during the wars.

Once I get the dates and also depending how much interest I can get the ball rolling and contact the museum and possibly get a good discount as well, the more interest the better and will work out cheaper as well. :D

So ladies and gents what do you think as a future meet. :D?

I have been there a few times, mainly for school trips. They really go out of their way with guided tours and education. :}

A 1 1/2 hour drive for me.

Craig