The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   chip for engine (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16460)

JT22C 24th February 2008 18:47

chip for engine

I have a 114 hp and am going to get a chip for the engine. What i am wondering is how high can i go with the chip. Also would like some advice on where to buy one.

JohnDotCom 24th February 2008 19:06

One of the Cheapest and most effective ways, is to purchase a Rover Ron Synergy Box.
Click link on Top of Pages.

Raistlin 24th February 2008 20:00

In addition, X-Power are doing the CDTi (131) Re-map for half price.

Dave Goody 24th February 2008 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT22C (Post 151267)
I have a 114 hp and am going to get a chip for the engine. What i am wondering is how high can i go with the chip. Also would like some advice on where to buy one.

I know where you can buy a whole bag for a £:D

Rammie 25th February 2008 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raistlin (Post 151335)
In addition, X-Power are doing the CDTi (131) Re-map for half price.

I visited an X-Part Servicecentre in Nottingham today to get a quote on re-mapping a 115bhp 75 and the 1st person on the service reception didn't know what I was talking about so she spoke to a Technician who told me that he wasn't sure that they could still get the CD's and even if they could it was not worth doing it as I would not notice much difference in bhp and the car would use more fuel. Oh, and the cost would be c£400 - £500 !!!
I don't think so, do you?

Raistlin 25th February 2008 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammie (Post 151801)
I visited an X-Part Servicecentre in Nottingham today to get a quote on re-mapping a 115bhp 75 and the 1st person on the service reception didn't know what I was talking about so she spoke to a Technician who told me that he wasn't sure that they could still get the CD's and even if they could it was not worth doing it as I would not notice much difference in bhp and the car would use more fuel. Oh, and the cost would be c£400 - £500 !!!
I don't think so, do you?

I think I'd avoid that place like the plague.

I've had it done:-

1. It costs £200 (less if you get discount)

2. Oh BOY do you notice the difference ;)

3. My fuel consumption hasn't changed a jot.

Maybe you'd like to shove my answer up their nose ;) because they need something to wake them up.

Rammie 25th February 2008 18:06

My thoughts exactly. Could not believe it really, having read other posts about this subject.
I certainly WILL NOT be having any further conversations with them about anything Rover, thats for sure.

Rammie 26th February 2008 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raistlin (Post 151805)
I think I'd avoid that place like the plague.

I've had it done:-

1. It costs £200 (less if you get discount)

2. Oh BOY do you notice the difference ;)

3. My fuel consumption hasn't changed a jot.

Maybe you'd like to shove my answer up their nose ;) because they need something to wake them up.

Hi Raistlin,
Could you tell me where you got your upgrade from?
Cheers

Raistlin 26th February 2008 17:49

Brindley Kia in Wolverhampton.

I get on well with the parts department manager, as JDC knows ;)

Rammie 26th February 2008 17:56

Cheers for that, Paul.
I will have to contact them to see what price they can offer for the upgrade.
Thanks