View Single Post
Old 29th December 2013, 12:29   #1
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

Default "Shrek" - Biomorphic 1.8T

Inspired by Stu and his stunning red zed, I thought I would start my own blog/post with updates to "Shrek" (named by my other half )

I bought the car at the beginning of December, from forum trader Simon_rs, in a bit of an unorthodox manner, I PMed Simon and asked him would he deliver it to my work office, and if as advertised I would take it! It's was and I did!

I have to say the previous owners have done a great job, there are a few issues bit fingers crossed all sortable.

Today is the first day I have had the chance to get under and over the car properly.

Started at 9am in the lovely winter sun, I started by jacking up the car to change the lower engine mount, there is a small judder at times and I had hoped this would cure it, as it turned out there was nothing wrong with the old one, but I changed it for a new one anyway.

Next was the plenums, and I am pleased I did, there was a good 4" of water in there.

Next changed the oil and filter while on the axle stands, but again it didn't really need it, but it can't hurt.

I then changed the O rings on the expansion cap, just to be sure they were up to scratch.

I then turned to the headlights, they were very dipped, I suspect the self levellers are duff, but this requires some reading up, so for now, I have adjusted the outer screws to raise the beam a little (will re-visit when its dark)

I also changed the sidelight bulbs for LED ones.

After the above, I decided to tackle the engine bay which was very filthy.

I did notice a couple more jobs to do, the Xenons Headlight on the left shown above seems to have a leak as there is moisture on the inside.

I also noticed that the car must have had a spray job at the front as some point, as there is evidence of overspray.

So, a break for lunch, and then its bath time for Shrek.

Simon