View Single Post
Old 17th March 2008, 21:47   #5
pedro444
Avid contributor

Ex 75 CDT Connoisseur Se Ex ZT-T 180 Sports Auto SE

Before I retrofitted the HK setup I did spend a bit of time looking into this. From memory I think you needed to run more wires through the car as the DSP setup drove each speaker independently - i.e. a separate pair of wires for each bass, mid and tweeter.

I did get as far as buying a couple of mids for the front doors on eBay for £5 that came, I think, from a Land Rover. When you look at the front door mounts there's a space to accommodate additional speakers it just never got used by Rover.

The running of extra wires into the doors put me off but don't quote me 100% on that - indeed if that's wrong I might try giving DSP a go!

I'd think it would be fairly easy just to connect to the ibus - it works perfectly well for the BMW bluetooth for example. Then you would just need to run a new power feed as I guess it draws a bit more power than the HK amp which I believe is only a 180w amp.

Land Rover fitted it to the Range Rover as an option up until about 2004 and that might be a good source for a 'non-BMW' application, I think I'll try looking at the circuit diagrams and see how they did it!

Best of luck with it,
Pete
pedro444 is offline   Reply With Quote