View Single Post
Old 7th May 2014, 22:00   #166
coolasacucumber
Gets stuck in

'54 Black MG ZT CDTi + 160

Ages ago I picked up a clock set with the IPK feature. I fitted the stalk a while back, but had to wait for my trip to Russ to get it all sorted, coded & installed. I was really looking forward to this, as my previous few cars had all had a trip computer and related features, so the ZT felt very much 'poverty spec'!.

Before:-

During:- (in Russ' kitchen no less!)

And after:-

It is a fiddly, time consuming job, and watching Russ at work, soldering LED's & eproms is really really interesting, the longer one owns an MG, the more one learns!

As you can see, it is now a bit of a hybrid unit, as I decided to use the black & chrome facia with the silver ZT dials, instead of the bland grey facia from the ZT. Mainly I decided that as I think it matches the black oak better.

I also asked Russ to code in the digital speed reading option on the IPK, which is quite nifty!

One last thing that he did was remove the part of the wheel bolt from the n/s/f hub that had been snapped off in there since I've owned the car... One of those little things that I'd been putting off.

My list of things to do is still large, especially as my a/c has stopped working, despite a new condenser & recharge less than 12 months ago.

Jules says it's more than likely a leak, so I'll have to get someone to take a look at it.

I still need the front painting, but I'm seriously tempted to get a mk1 ZT front bumper sprayed & fitted...

Still need a replacement rear seat base, as mine is a bit scratched.

I'd love to get the wheels refurbished, they aren't awful, but they'd look great in a darker shade of silver/grey.

Also, the radio reception is absolutely awful since fitting one of Seans DD units. I love radio, but it's that bad it's actually made me stop trying. Any suggestions?

I sorted the auto boot lift mod problem, I had to buy a replacement strut from a breakers as mine had bent!! But it's working fine now.

And I still am waiting to find the perfect set of interior mats... I can't decide if all blue would be a bit OTT!!
coolasacucumber is offline   Reply With Quote