View Single Post
Old 25th May 2014, 17:18   #41
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

FAO Cliff - not sure what had happened with the virus warning, but have downloaded anti-virus stuff now and my phone is fine!

With regard to Bubble. Been trying it this afternoon, and it does seem to work pretty well! Unlike other software I have tried it's not crashing and has the bonus that tracks on albums actually appear in the original order, not alphabetically. Nice! If it had a volume control, I'd be even more chuffed, but hey, being able to stream without hiccups is great

Also been trying out an iPad for the same job this afternoon (borrowed off my mum!) but had less success with that. I'm not an Apple person at all, and got more and more browned off when I found that although the iPad has iTunes on it, all that actually does is connect you to the iTunes store! I'm sure that if I downloaded stuff from there I could advance, but not been able to actually play anything through iTunes yet. I'm surprised that the native player on the iPad is not actually iTunes, as per the Windows version

I did find a way to get the iPad to play via iTunes, but it involved installing "Remote for iPad" and then using iTunes on my laptop with Network Sharing. This allowed me to control the music from a nice little screen on the iPad, but as it was going through my laptop, guess what happened? Yup, it stopped every 60 seconds!