View Single Post
Old 24th August 2014, 18:45   #1
Darkbluediesel

Rover 75 Conn SE

Default Connie SE Auto diesel 130+ Tourer, 2005, 125K, *SOLD*

The time has come for me to bite the bullet and face a simple fact: my Significant Other will NOT drive an auto, no matter how much I beg, plead or whimper, and I can't go on doing all the driving because there are (rare, obviously) occasions when I might need a break and a couple of glasses of red and I'm fed-up with being tee-total...

I bought this on the spur of the moment last Nov from Prof Dave, simply because a) it was such a lovely car, b) I fancied a Tourer, and c) I'd had automatics in the past. So I sold my '04 Connie SE manual diesel saloon on this forum to Kevin from Dublin, and thought all would be well...

I now give in and need to buy a manual! Since I've had the car, I've done 13,000 miles, had it breathed-on by Marinabrian, replaced the heater matrix, had it MOT'd in May (no advisories) had it fully serviced by Wyn at Eurorover who also renewed the auto box fluid to be on the safe side, put £500 worth of Michelin tyres on it 1000 miles ago and taxed it until Jan '15. Apart from that, I've just driven it, because it's a gem. It has a stainless steel exhaust (straight-through?? De-cat?? I don't know about these things!), sunroof, Sony Bluetooth hands-free cd/radio and obviously heated memory leather seats and auto wipers and dipping mirror. The alloys are virtually perfect.

Downsides? There are quite a lot of stone-chips on the bonnet, and there is lacquer-peel on the nearside a-pillar, rear edge where it meets the tailgate and on the boot-lip/bumper. I don't think there is any 'indented' damage on the car at all, and the paint blemishes are easily sort-able, because I was going to do them when I thought I would be keeping the car. Price? I paid £2500, and have spent money on it. Of course I'd like to get the £2500 back, or as close as I can, but I will be very happy to discuss! The car is in Swansea, very close to M4 junctions 45 and 46.

I'm struggling to upload more than one photo. Every time I try to add another from my iPad, it overwrites the first. I'm sure some kind person will tell me what I'm doing wrong! In the meantime, here's the one I succeeded with.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (138.9 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by Duotone; 24th August 2014 at 20:31..
Darkbluediesel is offline   Reply With Quote