View Single Post
Old 8th January 2015, 19:04   #15
Coulsdon
Regular poster

Rover 75 Connie CDTI & a LWB Merc Sprinter

I changed the audio system in my Sprinter, i know it's a different vehicle, but the principles are probably similar. I took the main head unit out, and replaced it with a Sony unit, fitted 2 amps, one is a 1000w unit running 2 6x9"s, and the two door component speakers, and a 400w amp running a 1000w 8" sub, i know it's only 8", but i'm very limited to space for the sub, it's the biggest sub i could get to fit the bench seat void. I removed the factory fitted 6" door speakers, and replaced them with 400w x 6.5"s, i had to cut the extra 1/2" out of the doorcard aperture and fit an extra spacer to allow for the deeper depth of the speakers, and help brace the extra weight too, so the speakers are now surface mounted as opposed to hidden behind the doorcard. i also fitted tweeters just above the 6.5"s, using a hole saw, with the crossovers fitted just behind the dashboard airvents. The power to the head unit and amps is now direct from the battery (fused) so i didn't use any of the factory fitted wiring.
All in all, it didn't take too long to modify and fit everything, but the sound difference was well worth the effort.
Coulsdon is offline   Reply With Quote