View Single Post
Old 18th February 2015, 19:39   #13
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Default It Begins

ok I'm going to post up everything I'm going to be doing this year, which is quite a bit lol
I'm no writing genius and this isnt a how to, i just thought that i have a lot to strip down and if a bit of an explanation and a few pics, may help someone out who may be doing a completley different job, just to be able to see whats really under that cover lol, so apologies if its not very fluent D
Anyway the first job is going to be crankcase breathers and a slight coolant leak from what i believe is the coolant sensor
which is only 6 months old i may add, so here goes :
DSCN0378.jpg

ok so started stripping down, removed the engine cover to reveal this
DSCN0380.jpg

bit of tape on the breather pipe so ill get a replacement, removed all breathers and the Airbox, very easy to do just hold down the red clip and pull the pipe, the airbox was just a couple of screws and undo the intake pipe with a screwdriver and pull the pipe and the top of airbox away as one
DSCN0382.jpg

removed the fuel line and removed the wiring for the throttle, idle and purge valve
disconnected the accelerator cable and the rear support bar for the wiring from the black part of the intake manifold
disconected vis motors(both faulty)will be replacing these with stocktakes fancy all singing all dancing ones at the end of the month
undid an 8mm bolt that secures the pressure test pipe for the fuel rail and removed the 4 bolts securing the Black Manifold
DSCN0384.jpg
then proceeded to remove the manifold, to be honest it was pretty tight on and did require a lot of pressure to pull off
DSCN0385.jpg

More to Follow

Kev.......2005 MG ZT 190 Ignition Blue Lovin IT
Done So Far : Lower Engine Mount, Cam Belts And Water Pump, Thermostat, Coolant Temp Sensor, Intake Manifold Gasket F/B and Upper Seals, Crankcase Breather Pipework and Brass-t- Piece, Catchtank, Battery, Mg Rover Licence Plates, Led Number Plate Lights, Led Side Lights, White H7 Headlights,DD Unit, Painted Black Dash, Auto Boot Lift Mod.
Delirious is offline   Reply With Quote