View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:56   #21
martyw

2003 Rover 75 1.8 Turbo SE saloon

Hi,
I talked to the turbo cassette manufacture this morning and although he couldn`t give a definite answer, he said there was a probability that coolant may have been ejected from the turbo in to the exhaust depending on the amount of damage caused to the internals ie cracks to the cast due to heat and movement from the worn bearing. Unfortunately I dont know how long the engine was run with the turbo in this condition, I do know however that in the vehicles history going back to early 2014 that there was an unexplained coolant loss because I have the garage receipt for the work carried out. The receipt is for changing the inlet manifold gasket but the work sheet is worded unexplained water loss. I think I will just carry on and complete my repairs, I have decided to change the head gasket back to a MLS, using a Victor Reinz gasket. I have ordered a new cassette for the turbo and I will fit that when it arrives. I intend to keep the car for at least 3 or 4 years unless I find a MG ZT 190 before that, but I am one of those people that wont be able to settle and enjoy the car knowing that I may have missed something.
Thanks for all your help Regards Marty

Last edited by martyw; 22nd July 2015 at 15:13..
martyw is offline   Reply With Quote