View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2015, 20:53   #24
martyw

2003 Rover 75 1.8 Turbo SE saloon

I just wanted to make it clear that the bleeding of the system was completed properly. I have been working on the car over several months to give me something to do has a hobby after my forced early retirement due to rib damage, so everything I have done on the car has been checked and then checked again. The only thing I didn't check was the turbo and that was only because the history shows it was fitted with a new one 3 years ago, or should I say the last owner was charged for a new one.
You live and learn, actually while I think about it I took an handful of the exhaust fumes when I returned home which was light grey in colour and it didnt smell like oil. Thats why the first thing I did was check the piston tops and plugs to see if any of them showed signs of water, which they didnt, if any thing the mixture looked to rich ie sooting. The emissions readings were perfect on the MOT. I love working on cars, I have done it for most of my life and I am now 60, I like to think that I have come across most problems and been able to sort them my self. However there's always that one problem that shows it self and you are unsure what to do about it. That is where this and other forums are a god send, answers are only a question away.
Regards Marty

Last edited by martyw; 22nd July 2015 at 21:03..
martyw is offline   Reply With Quote