View Single Post
Old 8th May 2016, 18:47   #22
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrose View Post
Well mine lasted less than 24 hours. After installing yesterday and all good set off this morning to the Whitby meet and all was well, Carole even bluetoothed her phone to it and played some music so all good. Parked up at the meet point and when I started the car to set off screen was blank, touchscreen was still working and radio was on but with a blank screen you have had it. thought it must be something I've done but I tried all sorts, pressing the "reset" button made no difference disconnected it altogether and tried again but no luck, the "welcome" message appears then it goes blank.
Bummer, now I know I'll get all the "you get what you pay for" comments but the jury is still out. I have just contacted the seller so we'll see what happens. Watch this space. Hopefully we'll get it sorted.
As it wasn't yet a permanent install I still had the old Harmony cassette thingy in the car so was able to stick that back in, good job I didn't strip the CD player out.

Blackrose
Oh No! thats not good.

My two are still ok at the moment (touch wood), been 8 days in the ZT, and 3 days in SWMBO Galaxy.

Hoping you may have a faulty unit Steve, lets hope the seller plays ball and sends you a replacement without any fuss (otherwise open up a Item not as Described Case).

The good thing is... The seller is selling several models of 2 din units, and I dont see any negative feedback. There are loads of sellers selling the 7010B, 7012B and 7018B models on ebay, many have them priced between £40 and £50, still not seen any negative feedback regarding the product.

Lets hope yours is a one off, even the more expensive units still suffer malfunction regarding screens etc. I'm just hoping I'm not right behind you and posting in a few days with two more gone T*TS UP.

Lets us know how you get on Steve.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote