View Single Post
Old 30th October 2016, 07:59   #29
andy willi
I really should get out more.......

PRE LAUNCH 75/ZT 190/XJ 550

but it does not appear to be possible to do it using no special tools whatsoever. During the procedure both inlet and exhaust camshafts will move from their 'timed' positions and, due to the valve spring pressure, it appears to be extremely difficult if not impossible to reset them without the help of at least one of the special tools. Remember that we're dealing with four camshafts and three interlinked belts here. It's not a walk in the park!

have replaced many cam belts on this engine and have had no problems i can do them without the locking kit.( it is a hard bit of kit to use correctly.)

my best tip is tipex used to mark every thing up , fiddly job to do i know. but if you want to time it up perfectly , use tipex to replace the belts then fit the tools and time it with them . the inlet cams have a 4 degree movement on them and anyone who gets it right is better than me as most of the aftermarket timing tools dont fit perfectly i have two different kits to time them and one will fit and one wont , time it with the lazer one and check with the sealy one cams are out and do it the other way round and the same. TIPEX RULES HERE

andy
andy willi is offline   Reply With Quote