View Single Post
Old 20th December 2016, 23:49   #12
Gedget75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
So no Land Rover dealers near you? I would imagine every single Land Rover Dealer on the planet will stock MTF94.

Despite myself, I have only ever deviated once from using MTF94, but that was in a PG1 box, using 75/80 which I had kicking about from a gallon can I normally used in an R65U box.

The result was poor syncromesh after about 1000 miles, so a lesson hard learned

What I will say is simple, don't worry about not being able to get the correct oil "instantly", but make sure you use the correct oil for when you do change the gear oil.

Another word of advice, the filler on the manual box is a pain to access with the subframe fouling clear access, so make sure you can slacken the filler, before draining the oil, and use a short length of garden hosepipe with a funnel attached to fill the gearbox.........much easier than using a squeeze bottle with the attached spout

Brian

I will give then a call tomorrow to ask if they have the oil in stock. I was just worried cause in the car parts store they told me that usually any car uses 75w80 or 75w90, but I wasnt sure on which one, as autodata tells me to use MTF94.

Thanks for the advice about changing the oil, engine is out atm, so shouldnt be a problem

Thanks for everyone's input once again this forum is superb

After reading all comments, I assume any of this oils can be used on our gearboxes, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Castrol Syntrans Multivehicle 75w90 GL4
- Liqui Moly 75w80 (GL3+)
- Eurol Transyn 75W90 GL 4/5

Which one would you choose? Just in case I can't find the MTF94 from the dealer

Last edited by Dragrad; 21st December 2016 at 01:39.. Reason: Consecutive posts, please use the edit or multi-quote options ;-)
Gedget75 is offline   Reply With Quote