View Single Post
Old 21st April 2017, 19:57   #24
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige B View Post
Maybe not yourself but others may well be tempted.
A fool and his money...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
My dad weighed in his old, battered Cavalier under the last scrappage deal. I shopped around and found that he could still have saved money by just not trading in at all on a new car (20% discount at the time offered). It may still be the case now???
Some examples HERE.
Mike
QED. (not meant as a dig at your dad - just to say it's easy to hoodwinked by things that seem good on the surface).

And on that subject why would I swap my mid-sized comfy saloon for a tinny underpowered uncomfortable compact? Where would * put all my gear when I go on holiday etc...? On the roof? or pull a trailer? both of which would severely effect the economy of whatever it is? To buy a new car that could compete I'd be looking at £36 - £49 thousand pounds! £2k trade in on the old motor isn't going to convince me - even if you add another £500 a year to the running costs of the current vehicle. Besides, since when did motor vehicle enthusiasts rate their vehicle purely on ownership costs? Most restorations of old vehicles end up costing more than the vehicle is worth when finished as it is.

Save
Save
Save

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button

Last edited by Avulon; 21st April 2017 at 20:00..
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote