View Single Post
Old 20th January 2018, 00:01   #22
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

oh god...!

Well ive assessed the situation, and most of the inside of the metal bit behind the screen is literally just fresh air. So taking off the metal in the corner and 1-2mm of plastic is no sweat.

However, I would need to take off the plastic front to do the job right, and naturally that would invalidate the warranty, so before even thinking about that, has anyone ever taken a Navall/Xtrons apart? Do the two knobs come off like the BMW Alpine? I see four screws that hold the plastic front on at the reverse side, all I would need to do is separate the front bit off to give me a little space to work with.

Ive come this far, part of me is determined to actually fit it, but I am pretty unhappy, I dont feel these are really fit for purpose. Futhermore, they are a few mm thinner than the Rover/BMW units for some reason, so if you shine a torch in the gaps you can see right through the center console at either side.

The idea of going back to single DIN and no nav seems equally as depressing as taking the unit apart to cut off the metal properly, and doing the job right.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote